inTank Media Baskets

ISO Holy Grail Torch

VinnyLam

Can anyone attest whether that photo is made up? I’ve never seen anything with that kind of coloration in real life, as far as torches go, and it’s not even anything like that. 

Here’s mine with no color manipulation, and under late daylight, not heavy blues:

D61EB30C-DDAF-4BB4-ACC5-70E7B53FD0DF.jpeg

Floundering_Around

Holy Grail torches definitely look like that and even better in person. Saw some frags at reefapalooza NY. Even stressed out and half closed they were blindingly beautiful. They were a little more teal than yours @Sarah Ann but still had the gold

23 minutes ago, Floundering_Around said:

Holy Grail torches definitely look like that and even better in person. Saw some frags at reefapalooza NY. Even stressed out and half closed they were blindingly beautiful. They were a little more teal than yours @Sarah Ann but still had the gold

Ohhh, I’d love to find one too! Thanks for the info!

A Little Blue
4 hours ago, Sarah Ann said:

Can anyone attest whether that photo is made up? I’ve never seen anything with that kind of coloration in real life, as far as torches go, and it’s not even anything like that. 

Here’s mine with no color manipulation, and under late daylight, not heavy blues:

D61EB30C-DDAF-4BB4-ACC5-70E7B53FD0DF.jpeg

I’ve seen them...... They look better in person. 

• 5 months later...

I'd like to see this, and other "high end" corals under something like 10k halides. My guess is they'd look like poo. 

Edit. Just to clarify. This is no dig at Top Shelf Aquatics. I an not suggesting anything beyond my initial post.

Really depends on the individual coral and the conditions it's kept in. I've seen a few holy grails before and they do definitely pop under blues; considerably less so under whites. 

Under whiter lights the yellows actually pops pretty well, but the rainbow effect is way less noticeable. Not high end pieces, but a couple of different types of froggies.

572193624_tris_froggies.thumb.jpg.2353ee51c71db81213743b575ff40510.jpg

Take note of the Aussie gold torch in the top there that's barely in the frame as well as the coloration of the rocks. Corals belong to a buddy of mine and these are under T5s. Daylight settings are pretty white overall (definitely not 10k of MH, but not the blues of LEDs either). 

Here's a pic of the Aussie gold torch. Having seen the tank in person multiple times, hard to dispute how beautiful these Euphyllias are. 

1848992915_tris_aussie_gold_torch.thumb.jpg.9ebb97de84d17cc1c1128102b4390713.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
A Little Blue

I can get one 4 $220 (guy is an a$$hole so not planning on getting one anytime soon). Too much IMHO but they look awesome in person. Super long tentacles (most likely from Indonesia), vivid coloration. Hard to take accurate picture. Those that I’ve seen on line are way oversaturated and contrast is boosted up. No need for that.