inTank Media Baskets

Any idea what this coral is?

Dgameman1

Hey guys!

I just got this coral from someone that recently fragged it.

I believe it had rainbow in the name?

I have pictures of it while I think it might be closed?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

IMG_20180703_185711.jpg

IMG_20180703_185707.jpg

IMG_20180703_185649.jpg

Too early to tell.... might be a rainbow Acan, but that's just a guess. Best to ask the source. What's the jar sitting on?

• Like 1
Just now, Oldsalt01 said:

Too early to tell.... might be a rainbow Acan, but that's just a guess. Best to ask the source.

yeah! I just looked it up!

Thank you so much! That's what it looks like.

Any ideas on placement?

Medium to low flow, middle of the tank ( medium light) but not on the sand, that can irritate it. I pop them off the plug and glue them to a small rock. If you do that be careful as their skeletons are thin and do it over a bucket of water so when it pops off  it doesn't end up face down on the floor. Learned that the hard way, lol. Target feed once a week, reef roids, marine snow or a few very small pellets. Their feeder tentacles can extend up to 1/2" so give them lots of room.

Peppermint Shrimp, among others, can and will attack Acan frags. Mine had been model citizens for about a year and a half. I put two multi-head Acan frags in the tank and overnight the shrimp wiped them out. Lost the frags and traded the shrimp, which are permanently banned from my system.

10 hours ago, Oldsalt01 said:

Peppermint Shrimp, among others, can and will attack Acan frags. Mine had been model citizens for about a year and a half. I put two multi-head Acan frags in the tank and overnight the shrimp wiped them out. Lost the frags and traded the shrimp, which are permanently banned from my system.

Good to know!

Thankfully no peppermint shrimp!