Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

What's happening to my RFA now

Floundering_Around

Floundering_Around

Looked at my RFA about half an hour ago and it was all scrunched up and looked like there was some red slime nearby. My previous thread about my RFAs was concerning my peppermint shrimp eating and killing one. They were removed and the only other livestock in the tank are hermit crabs and snails. My hermits will walk over them in their efforts to move around the tank but that's it. Any ideas as to what's going on?? Really don't want to lose another one 😞 

IMG_3113.thumb.JPG.dc5f8e7d8eeca9de6c248911de299926.JPG

4 minutes ago, Floundering_Around said:

Looked at my RFA about half an hour ago and it was all scrunched up and looked like there was some red slime nearby. My previous thread about my RFAs was concerning my peppermint shrimp eating and killing one. They were removed and the only other livestock in the tank are hermit crabs and snails. My hermits will walk over them in their efforts to move around the tank but that's it. Any ideas as to what's going on?? Really don't want to lose another one 😞 

IMG_3113.thumb.JPG.dc5f8e7d8eeca9de6c248911de299926.JPG

Looks like poop. 

Is its mouth gaping or any chunks missing?

• Thanks 1
Floundering_Around

Unfortunately the position and rock hold it’s in block me from seeing. Heading out to work but I stopped to look and it’s reopening and the tentacles don’t look as shriveled. 

Is that what they always look like when pooping? If so, I won’t need to have a conniption every time

30842661-88B4-457A-BF3A-2653C63E68B4.jpeg

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Floundering_Around said:

Unfortunately the position and rock hold it’s in block me from seeing. Heading out to work but I stopped to look and it’s reopening and the tentacles don’t look as shriveled. 

Is that what they always look like when pooping? If so, I won’t need to have a conniption every time

30842661-88B4-457A-BF3A-2653C63E68B4.jpeg

Yep.  They “strain” and then poop. 🙂

• Haha 1

Yeah that’s how they look...and sometimes it can look even worse. 

You mostly need to be concerned if their mouth is gaping open like they are churning out their insides or if their tentacles or oral disc looks like they are dissolving. 

• Like 2
Floundering_Around

Thanks for the quick reply! Was panicked cause I’m at work so I wouldn’t be able to take quick action. Luckily it looks like a short night. I’ll be home within the hour 

• Like 2