Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nano-reef

Grace Sky

Hello dear refers! 

After I got my 100 gallon tank in my living room cycled, I got a 3.6 gallon Nana tank for my room. That tank is actually not a saltwater tank but a freshwater tank. I set it up and added saltwater only from the beach and sand from the beach and after some days introduced some corals and my favorite clown and a live rock. It works so good and everything that lives in that tank loves it! I keep on finding more and more living things on my live rock like brittle stars, baby anemones, feather dusters and other worms. I don't know but the little sump that was already built in the tank works so much better than in my 100 gallon tank! I somehow even got coco pods in my tank and the clown keeps on eating them off the glass. 

You guys definitely should try getting the water and sand for your tank from a local beach because it is already cycled and you wouldn't have to cycle everything again. You can right away introduce living things into your tank cause the sea already cycled your sand and water for millions of years. 😂

debbeach13

Please keep us posted on the nana tank. Most of us will be very interested in watching or hearing about this tank. Is the 100 gallon tank salt or fresh? Did any of the live stock also come from your local beach? 

52 minutes ago, Grace Sky said:

after some days introduced some corals and my favorite clown and a live rock.

Welcome to nano reef. How long have the tanks been running?

4 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Please keep us posted on the nana tank. Most of us will be very interested in watching or hearing about this tank. Is the 100 gallon tank salt or fresh? Did any of the live stock also come from your local beach? 

Welcome to nano reef. How long have the tanks been running?

Both tanks are saltwater. In both of them, I also have seaweed from the beach and snails that live on rocks and they clean so much better than other snails like turbo snails. In my 3.6 gal tank,  I also have a shrimp that buries itself in the sand. I also found this shrimp at the beach.

The 100 gal tank has been running for a year and 8 months now and the 3.6 gal tank has been running for about 4 months now.