Cultivated Reef

Fish Suggestions for 32g

JanoyCresva

JanoyCresva

I’m looking to add a third fish to my 32g. Right now I have a clarkii clown and an azure damsel. I’m just trying to be careful with adding a third fish cause I know both of them can be aggressive (they do get along well together though). I was originally looking at a diamond goby to help with my sandbed, but I heard people have problems with them starving in smaller tanks. I’m also looking at a six line wrasse or some type of blenny. Let me know any good recommendations. Thanks

I have a fang blenny, great fish but not sure how it would hold up with more aggressive tankmates as my tank is pretty peaceful. 

• Like 1

I have a Caribbean red spotted hawkfish that people really like.  Not overly aggressive but will definitely introduce itself to fish and will stand it's ground.

Really unique looking fish, the dorsal fins look like hair. They stay small and are pretty cheap.

Mine has been ok with 2 cleaner shrimp as well, although they're twice the size of the fish

JanoyCresva
13 hours ago, specore said:

Six lines can be a-holes also...should be a match made in heaven

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking, I didn't know if adding even more aggression to the tank would be a good idea though.

And I really like the spotted hawkish, I'll see if any lfs near me has any. Thanks for all the ideas

21 minutes ago, JanoyCresva said:

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking, I didn't know if adding even more aggression to the tank would be a good idea though.

And I really like the spotted hawkish, I'll see if any lfs near me has any. Thanks for all the ideas

It will be like a prison tank...but eventually they'll work out a hierarchy 😉 

On 7/4/2018 at 9:10 AM, jesseatam said:

I have a fang blenny, great fish but not sure how it would hold up with more aggressive tankmates as my tank is pretty peaceful. 

@jesseatam aw I love fang blennies! Id get one but he'd probably compete with my tailspot.  I'd say either the fang or tail spot once settled in can hold their own typically and would mostly occupy the rockwork.  I also have a yellow watchman which would stay clear out of your other fishes preferred areas.  The yellow watchman I'd say would take the longest to acclimate and last to develop some defense. 

• Like 1