Top Shelf Aquatics

MrObscura's Nuvo 10 When It Rains It Pours

MrObscura

6 hours ago, specore said:

I definitely wouldn't pull the acan.  If you do lose the acan it won't cause any issues as far as ammonia spikes, excess nutrients, etc.  

Unfortunately, it didn't make it. It lost the two mouth it had left and was almost bare skeleton. 

New baby people eater. 

20180916_203458-01.jpeg

And there's actuallyy another very tiny one to the right of it. It's green mouth is just barely visible in person. 

And a quick and sloppy mockup of the final vision. 

sketch-1536784534471.png

• Like 1

New corals! Fire&ice zoas, sunny Ds(or Rainbow infusions, I'm not sure ), some yellow zoas, cream and red lord, superman monti, orange ricordea and a blue ricordea. 

Pics later. 

• Like 1

New acans looking super happy though. I don't think the first one was well from the start since it never looked plump and fleshy. From now on I'll stick to one that look like this... 

20180919_204541-01.jpeg

• Like 1

Man, my female clown really pisses me off. Shes just going from Duncan, to acan, to hammer bugging the hell out of them. 

Acan was looking plump and happy as can be and now is all shriveled up.

Now I'm wondering if this is what caused my first acan to go down hill and I just never caught her in the act. 

Glued the new corals in place, which is still a PITA. I'm about halfway stocked, so a couple more coral hauls and then it'll be time to just let it be and do its thing. 

It's starting to look more like a reef. 

20180925_213105-01.jpeg

30 minutes ago, MrObscura said:

Glued the new corals in place, which is still a PITA. I'm about halfway stocked, so a couple more coral hauls and then it'll be time to just let it be and do its thing. 

It's starting to look more like a reef. 

20180925_213105-01.jpeg

Quite the roster - looks good

• Thanks 1

Love it! Everything’s looking nice. Where did you get your new corals from, online or local? 

I like your diagram with the plan for your tank but I was wondering about the chalice section... I was thinking they might be too aggressive for such a small tank... any worries about sweepers? I had a Hollywood stunner briefly, but it’s sweepers started coming out one night soon after I got it and then I saw some YouTube videos of them at night so I returned it. Maybe other types of chalice are less aggressive though...

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, banasophia said:

Love it! Everything’s looking nice. Where did you get your new corals from, online or local? 

I like your diagram with the plan for your tank but I was wondering about the chalice section... I was thinking they might be too aggressive for such a small tank... any worries about sweepers? I had a Hollywood stunner briefly, but it’s sweepers started coming out one night soon after I got it and then I saw some YouTube videos of them at night so I returned it. Maybe other types of chalice are less aggressive though...

I'm going to give each chalice their own little rock and keep only 4 chalices in that section so they have a little space from each other and everything else.

I've only seen the one I have throw out sweepers once and that was when I was messing with him trying to glue him down. 

Plus the flow in my tank is very random and I've read that discourages corals from sending out sweepers since they can't reach anything consistently. Idk how true that is but it makes sense. 

My hammer hasn't sent any out either, so hopefully everyone will get along. 

Oh, and all my corals are local. All but 3 of them from Wojtek's Reef in Chicago. 

• Like 1

Well, I wasn't as lucky as I thought. I noticed my mystic sunset monti looking a little unhappy and then I spotted it... the little fuzzy bastard. 

I haven't escaped the nudi problem like I had hoped. So, I'm going to dip both my montis and try to get them this time. 

Nothing too exciting to update. Just finished my weekly wc.

I've been dipping the montis every few days and fortunately haven't seen any nudis or any evidence of them. Hopefully ill cut off the life cycle for good early and knock them out. Since I only have two small frags it should be a lot easier than it is for people dealing with long established  colonies. 

Alk is jumping around so I have to get that settled. 

One Zoa polyp stopped opening and looks all funky. 

And today I woke up to find the glass and rock covered in some white fuzzy hairy stuff. 

Other than that, and breaking another piece of my birdnest during tank maintaince(can't seem to go near the thing without managing to break it),  everything seems do be doing all right. 

Hopefully, new corals in a week or so. Fingers crossed that with continued dipping I won't see any nudis between now and then because no montis really limits what I want to do. 

Just got back from a swap with 10 new corals. 

Ponape birdsnest 

Cali tort acro(?) 

Jason fox Rainbow monti

2 lords

Jedi mind trick 

Bubblegum digitata 

Bubblegum monster chalice 

Pink boobies chalice 

And some gatorade zoas thrown in for free with the pink boobies

Just got everything dipped and in the tank, and my lights aren't even on yet, so no pics yet. But stay tuned. 

Got the new corals in place, it's starting to look like a reef. One more coral haul and it should be fully stocked and time to just let it do its thing. 

Anyway, FTS... 

20181016_213845-02.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks great, nice pink boobies. 😂😂😂 you know u got them so everyone would say that haha!!!

But seriously, your tank is looking amazing! Are you planning on taking your frags off the plugs or just letting them grow over? 

• Thanks 1