Coral Vue Hydros

Sad times 😢

mpugh

So my female clown died today, she was fine up until about four hours ago!

My other half fished her out and she noticed some pale spots on her body, is this some sort of disease I should worry about being passed to my other clown and/or corals?

I don’t have any test info at the moment as I am away with work. 

As always, all help is greatly appreciated!!

F33CC41B-203C-45F9-AA90-80DA2FE663D7.jpeg

• Sad 3

Sorry to hear, how long did you have her?  Other livestock?  New tank?  

I typically bathe all my fish in a methylene blue RODI freshwater solution before they ever go in my tank. It’s not an absolute guarantee, but I can say that since I started doing so, I’ve had zero infectious incidents.

It’s cheap, just put enough drops to turn the RODI freshwater water a dark blue and either airstone or agitate surface of bathing container (medication depletes oxygen) and watch them carefully for any distress...funny enough mine just relax in it or seem to enjoy it. After 5-10 mins, net, rinse in another container wih tank water, then plop in tank.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00025646W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_PVwnBbYAEQF06

With that said, prior to the baths I’ve only had experience with ich and brook, doesn’t look like either at first glance.  Try here:

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/clnfshdisart.htm

6 hours ago, Aurortpa said:

Sorry to hear, how long did you have her?  Other livestock?  New tank?  

I typically bathe all my fish in a methylene blue RODI freshwater solution before they ever go in my tank. It’s not an absolute guarantee, but I can say that since I started doing so, I’ve had zero infectious incidents.

It’s cheap, just put enough drops to turn the RODI freshwater water a dark blue and either airstone or agitate surface of bathing container (medication depletes oxygen) and watch them carefully for any distress...funny enough mine just relax in it or seem to enjoy it. After 5-10 mins, net, rinse in another container wih tank water, then plop in tank.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00025646W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_PVwnBbYAEQF06

With that said, prior to the baths I’ve only had experience with ich and brook, doesn’t look like either at first glance.  Try here:

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/clnfshdisart.htm

I have had her and the male for 6 months, I bought them at the same time from the same LFS from the same tank. I have a peppermint shrimp, 2 blue leg crabs a few snails, a zoa frag and a torch coral 

3 minutes ago, mpugh said:

I have had her and the male for 6 months, I bought them at the same time from the same LFS from the same tank. I have a peppermint shrimp, 2 blue leg crabs a few snails, a zoa frag and a torch coral 

Ah, def don’t suspect brook. Did they host or come near the torch?  This coral is very strong and over time can actually burn fish.

7 minutes ago, Aurortpa said:

Ah, def don’t suspect brook. Did they host or come near the torch?  This coral is very strong and over time can actually burn fish.

She did seem to poke it now and then with her face, but as far as hosting it goes, I don’t think she did as I never seen them in the torch. 

Glancing over that post, the OP’s clown had black burn marks and mine are white, maybe the same, who knows. If it is the torch, I will keep an eye on the male to see if he tries and to host it

• Like 1