Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Illumin-8's NEW Acrylic 26 (IM-8 upgrade)

Illumin-8

12 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Congrats on TOTM! I was wondering how I missed following your thread, and then noticed you had kind of a (ahem) long gap between updates :lol:

Hahahahhaa! So true. 😂

Thank you for the kind words, too, Teeny! (And also for letting me silently creep on your build threads, however the silence ends now. Mwhahahahahaaa!)

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, Illumin-8 said:

Hahahahhaa! So true. 😂

Thank you for the kind words, too, Teeny! (And also for letting me silently creep on your build threads, however the silence ends now. Mwhahahahahaaa!)

Stop by any time!

Welcome to the TOTM club. 😊

I can’t believe I missed this thread either. It’s so funny when a tank slips under the radar. Very well deserved. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Like 2
23 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Welcome to the TOTM club. 😊

I can’t believe I missed this thread either. It’s so funny when a tank slips under the radar. Very well deserved. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Awww, thank you so much! It's awesome and humbling to be a TOTM - everyone's tanks are spectacular! I'm cracking up with the <fill-in-the-blank> and Dirty tank threads. Your GIF game is on point and your tanks are beeeeutiful!

On the other hand, this is definitely a blink and you'll miss it thread. :lol: All whopping 3 posts.... Gotta get better about posting stuff..... 🙂 

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Illumin-8 said:

Awww, thank you so much! It's awesome and humbling to be a TOTM - everyone's tanks are spectacular! I'm cracking up with the <fill-in-the-blank> and Dirty tank threads. Your GIF game is on point and your tanks are beeeeutiful!

On the other hand, this is definitely a blink and you'll miss it thread. :lol: All whopping 3 posts.... Gotta get better about posting stuff..... 🙂 

Thank you. 😀

now that you have a bigger audience we will be peer pressuring you for more pics! 😄

• Like 1

Humor makes life sweeter. I have learned everything from this forum and the people on it, and still have such a long way to go. The posts and the little side conversations are what make life entertaining!! 

• Like 1

Congrats on TOTM! I love that Natalia's bowl inspired you since I'm pretty sure her previous tank was a Nuvo 8 zoa tank. Also find it funny that I was the last one to post before the long hiatus lol.

• Like 3
On 12/2/2019 at 8:44 PM, Lula_Mae said:

Congrats on TOTM! I love that Natalia's bowl inspired you since I'm pretty sure her previous tank was a Nuvo 8 zoa tank. Also find it funny that I was the last one to post before the long hiatus lol.

Thanks Lula_Mae! :blush: Natalia had a Nuvo 8 zoa tank?!? I'm creepin' on that one for sure. I bet it was beeeeutiful!

• Like 3
On 12/2/2019 at 7:46 PM, WV Reefer said:

now that you have a bigger audience we will be peer pressuring you for more pics! 😄

Peer pressure succeeded! 😅 (It doesn't take much....)

Interstellar

04DEC2019_Interstellar

Bizarro:

04DEC2019_Bizzaro

Watermelon:

04DEC2019_Watermelon

And the Bryopsis Torch - it's a special variety! Highly sought after. :biggrin:

04DEC2019_Torch

• Like 5
  • Wow 1
2 minutes ago, Illumin-8 said:

Peer pressure succeeded! 😅 (It doesn't take much....)

Interstellar

04DEC2019_Interstellar

Bizarro:

04DEC2019_Bizzaro

Watermelon:

04DEC2019_Watermelon

And the Bryopsis Torch - it's a special variety! Highly sought after. :biggrin:

04DEC2019_Torch

Everything looks great. 😃

22 hours ago, Illumin-8 said:

Thanks Lula_Mae! :blush: Natalia had a Nuvo 8 zoa tank?!? I'm creepin' on that one for sure. I bet it was beeeeutiful!

She did indeed! I had to dig it up. It was during a time I wasn't really active on the forum but I went back and read the entire thread once lol.

21 hours ago, Illumin-8 said:

And darn it @Legendary Corals, your Black Friday sale is deadly! :rolleyes: 

Also, promise this frag is looking better today - this was about 3 seconds after it went in my tank...

04DEC2019_Ragnarok

I, too, succumbed to the allure of the LC Black Friday sale lol. Got my first-ever acans, a fat ricordea, blondies and petroglyphs (both of which I believe I discovered in Natalia's threads and fell in love with. Not my first time trying them but hopefully the last time I need to lol).

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

I, too, succumbed to the allure of the LC Black Friday sale lol. Got my first-ever acans, a fat ricordea, blondies and petroglyphs (both of which I believe I discovered in Natalia's threads and fell in love with. Not my first time trying them but hopefully the last time I need to lol).

Ooooooooo Petroglyphs! They are sooooo pretty! It's so funny how hard it was to get them for a while - I remember searching and searching, then suddenly Legendary had them again. :wub:

I hope Natalia comes back some day to see how much she's inspired us. And I really hope that sculpture bowl of hers is doing well. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Illumin-8 said:

Ooooooooo Petroglyphs! They are sooooo pretty! It's so funny how hard it was to get them for a while - I remember searching and searching, then suddenly Legendary had them again. :wub:

I hope Natalia comes back some day to see how much she's inspired us. And I really hope that sculpture bowl of hers is doing well. 

Me too, both her bowls! The OG one is several years old at this point, I believe. My little frag of 3 polyps of Petroglyphs is looking fluffy, they were open in the bag! And my blondies came with an extra polyp and a baby forming. I've always been impressed with the corals I've gotten from LC, they are always really nice. I just have a hard time keeping things alive the last few years lol.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, YHSublime said:

Tagging along for the ride, nice TOTM feature!

Thank you again, so much! I didn't know that peninsula TOTM beauty was yours! I can't wait to read all the details!

And that top-down picture with the coral and the bar bottom setup. OhMyGOsh! Wanna trade tanks? :whoa: 

3 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

My little frag of 3 polyps of Petroglyphs is looking fluffy, they were open in the bag! And my blondies came with an extra polyp and a baby forming.

:haha:Fluffy!! They are going to do great.

If you have a secret for Blondies, please share. I'd had awful luck with those on multiple tries and they are so pretty. Will you post some pictures? Pretty please?

:haha:Fluffy!! They are going to do great.

If you have a secret for Blondies, please share. I'd had awful luck with those on multiple tries and they are so pretty. Will you post some pictures? Pretty please?

If I have success with these I will share secrets. This is probably the fourth time I've tried them. I killed the frag I got last month by dipping in too strong a Lugol's iodine solution trying to rid it of stupid coral eating pods (they ate my scrambled eggs zoas wholesale).

• Thanks 1

Thank you again, so much! I didn't know that peninsula TOTM beauty was yours! I can't wait to read all the details!

And that top-down picture with the coral and the bar bottom setup. OhMyGOsh! Wanna trade tanks? :whoa: 

Yup, it’s been a wild ride!

I just moved, one of the easier tanks I’ve moved, but no plastic wrap and plywood board easy! 

Legendary Corals
On 12/5/2019 at 6:28 PM, Lula_Mae said:

Not my first time trying them but hopefully the last time I need to lol).

But what if we had a Christmas Giveaway contest? 😉

• Wow 2
  • Illumin-8 changed the title to Illumin-8's NEW Acrylic 26 (IM-8 upgrade)
Illumin-8

Hi there NanoReef! Long time no type (surprise surprise). Long story short, the IM-8 is no more.

December 20th, 2019

NanoReef_May2020

December 21st, 2019 (It's gots the Scripps waters!)

NanoReef_May2020

Some rock work starting to take shape

NanoReef_May2020

More to come.