Austintylerl

Fusion lids

Austintylerl

My Fusion 20 Lid came a little too small, a fish jumped out in between the gaps the lid allows. I know BRS offers DIY lids but I hate the screen part of it. Any other options people have come up with?

I think I may look to a glass manufacturer for a custom piece of glass instead.

burtbollinger
19 minutes ago, Austintylerl said:

My Fusion 20 Lid came a little too small, a fish jumped out in between the gaps the lid allows. I know BRS offers DIY lids but I hate the screen part of it. Any other options people have come up with?

I think I may look to a glass manufacturer for a custom piece of glass instead.

i'd figure out a way to close the gaps with a DIY method and live with the Fusion lid.  The world of DIY and custom lids is a PITA...and I wouldnt use glass.

• Like 1

Austintylerl

Why not glass? Too fragile?

TatorTaco

I think their are a few companies that make custom lids out of acrylic.  Google "safetoplids" and you should find them. 

banasophia
7 hours ago, burtbollinger said:

i'd figure out a way to close the gaps with a DIY method and live with the Fusion lid.  The world of DIY and custom lids is a PITA...and I wouldnt use glass.

Yeah I wonder if you could just add some kind of seal all the way around the edges... I might try that if I end up with any tiny jumpers! The gap’s pretty small on mine so maybe I won’t need it, but good thought just in case!

Austintylerl

I found a local company they will make one for $15! Worth a shot. Picking it up soon and ill report

Austintylerl

950E8855-2727-40F0-AFB3-DC4AF92681F0.jpeg

9AE0934D-EA26-4CAE-BB68-3ED4CDEC44AC.jpeg

Whatya think? Looks better in person tho

shoonjai

Is that glass?

Austintylerl

its glass. I had a local glass shop cut a piece to size. $15

Cannedfish

I like it. I prefer the look of a solid glass lid myself. The only thing to watch is the heat in the summer. Some have said there maybe an air exchange issue, but if you have a skimmer this  affect should be minimized. I have also found that the condensation acts as sort of a diffuser for the LED light beam. Lastly, the nice thing about a glass lid is that it greatly reduces evaporation, which is great if you're not running an ATO. 

Austintylerl

The temp hasn't been affected surprisingly and I am in the Arizona desert. There is tiny gaps for air but not for jumpers. There is also enough space between the water line and the glass that there isn't much evap to speak of. Its not bad and I'm glad I tried it. Glass shops on the net want near $100 for the same thing!

Daniel91

Looks great!!

I gotta field a local to do that for me here in Los Angeles. 

canoman
On 7/12/2018 at 1:56 PM, Austintylerl said:

950E8855-2727-40F0-AFB3-DC4AF92681F0.jpeg

9AE0934D-EA26-4CAE-BB68-3ED4CDEC44AC.jpeg

Whatya think? Looks better in person tho

How thick is the glass?