inTank Media Baskets

? on media basket

sadie

I got Stevie T's media basket for my Biocube 16.  I put the filter floss on the top shelf, purigen on the middle shelf, and I am finding diffetent opinions on what hangs in the bag.  Some do chemi pure Elite, I have read activated carbon, some say Phosban...

Which one would you suggest and why?

27 minutes ago, sadie said:

I got Stevie T's media basket for my Biocube 16.  I put the filter floss on the top shelf, purigen on the middle shelf, and I am finding diffetent opinions on what hangs in the bag.  Some do chemi pure Elite, I have read activated carbon, some say Phosban...

Which one would you suggest and why?

Hangs in the bag?

they suggest you put the media in a bag and instead of sitting it on the very bottom shelf, you hang the bag from the shelf above (so it doesn't clog the holes I guess).  

Choosing a media is based on tanks needs. Some use no media besides floss.

Chemipure is carbon with a purigen like media in it. It's more expensive as its pre bagged, states it does a bunch of stuff, and lasts 4 mnths(it doesn't).

So if you are using purigen, then using granulated carbon like Seachem or Kent would be an option.

Carbon removes toxins so it's a good choice when you have corals.

Phosphate reducers should be used as needed or you may strip the tank.

• Thanks 1

For a general media go with 5.5 oz of Chemi Pure Blue on the bottom shelf.

We do suggest to hang the bag from the shelf above.  But that is only if you see a blockage of flow.  The Coralife BioCube 16 Media Basket is wider than others, so the bag may not take up the entire shelf and you may not see a blockage of flow.

Enjoy and inTank you for the order.

• Thanks 1