inTank Media Baskets

T5 wall mounted hanger

TotesMaGoat

TotesMaGoat

I saw this somewhere from another member and decided to give it a shot for my new build. I am looking to hang my 24” ATI but didn’t want to by the ceiling. What do y’all think? I’m having doubts about how well it will work. I was debating on using 2 pipes attached to the back of the stand with a 90 elbow to attach the two 18” pipes I’ve got now.

D235E8C4-E81F-471F-B621-92DB09E57635.jpeg

A5AB3DC5-1F27-4F8B-99B6-2C7323C217C4.jpeg

4B1665B2-AD89-4659-B69F-04D505FEADF6.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I would aim for attaching to atleast 1 stud behind the drywall some where near the middle of the board. If not then heavy duty wall anchors should be fine.

I agree.  Should definitely be able to get a stud somewhere along that board.  If you are unsure or can't find a stud I would use a couple of toggle bolts instead of drywall anchors.  

My lights are hung with the same style bracket.  Mine are just put directly to the wall without the ledger board using two 3/8 toggle bolts and two plastic drywall anchors for each and it is rock solid.  

As others have mentioned you should be fine as long as the board is attached to a stub behind the drywall.

Side question, what size tank is that and where did you get that great looking stand?