SaltCritters.com

Won a flame angel...

Floundering_Around

Floundering_Around

So as the title says, I won a flame angel in a raffle from Reef2Reef at reefapalooza today. However, I only have my Fluval Evo 13.5. The fish in question is a baby captive bred dwarf angel. I have plans in the future to get a larger reef tank but I'm currently in college and don't have space at my mom's house with all my existing tanks.

There is also the concern that the little flame going after my softies, especially my new utter chaos polyp and some other new goodies. The guys at reef2reef say it's unlikely since it was captive bred and may not have gained the taste for corals like its wild caught cousins

Floundering_Around
25 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

lucky you!  The 13.5 gallon is too small for it.  When you say bigger tank in the future, is that 6 months future or 2 years future?

Closer to two years, once I'm done with my undergrad. I haven't picked it up yet and I should still be able to trade it for another prize.

What's the minimum tank size I would need to keep it? How long would I be able to keep it in the evo?

HarryPotter
5 minutes ago, Floundering_Around said:

Closer to two years, once I'm done with my undergrad. I haven't picked it up yet and I should still be able to trade it for another prize.

What's the minimum tank size I would need to keep it? How long would I be able to keep it in the evo?

Probably wont last more than a week. Sorry. Bummer, I know: awesome fish and from a raffle.  

• Like 1
Floundering_Around
16 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Probably wont last more than a week. Sorry. Bummer, I know: awesome fish and from a raffle.  

shame 😞 Tanks all for not blasting me over this. I'll let them know I'm no longer taking it, cute as they are. Looks like I'm getting a pair of clowns like I planned to.

Just did some more digging on forums and most people say 70G and up. Some say 20-30G and up. Even at the extreme minimum, my tank is 7G short

• Like 2
HarryPotter
26 minutes ago, Floundering_Around said:

shame 😞 Tanks all for not blasting me over this. I'll let them know I'm no longer taking it, cute as they are. Looks like I'm getting a pair of clowns like I planned to.

Just did some more digging on forums and most people say 70G and up. Some say 20-30G and up. Even at the extreme minimum, my tank is 7G short

Maybe you can talk to them and see if you can swap with someone/a seller for clowns or corals? 

• Like 1
Floundering_Around

Ended up trading the angel for a pair of phantom clowns. Excited to get these babies home and in my tank along with all my new corals

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...