Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

An Education & New Start for "The Phoenix"

FlytheWMark

skyscraper2290

Well, I could definitely be wrong, but i don’t think the clown goby messes around with the sand much. They typically like to perch on rocks and such. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

It's been a while since I've updated.  Since my last post I have also set up a 20 gallon drop off tank (link in my signature) and have moved several corals over to that tank.  I couldn't be happier with this tank now.  All paramaters have stabilized and I'm seeing some good growth in several corals. In particular my Dendro is popping heads like a jack rabbit in heat.  I've had this coral for just under 5 months and it went from 2 heads to now having 6 (3 babies coming out as we speak). My Superman blasto has 3 new heads coming in under the main one and my red mushroom has sprouted 2 babies underneath the main one as well (which has tripled in size).  I've moved my bi-color frogspawn down mid way as he was beginning to close up as I think the increased flow was pissing it off (I switched my return pump to a Sicce 0.5). I also added two Sexy Shrimp ( Big Sexy and Grand-Master Sexy) that hang out in my trumpets a lot.  Still no fish and will probably not add one to this tank.

Going to look for some more (and different) colors for the right side of the tank.

2018-11-25 16.29.21.jpg

2018-11-25 16.29.51.jpg

2018-11-25 16.29.44.jpg

2018-11-25 16.30.19.jpg

2018-11-25 16.32.18.jpg

2018-11-25 16.30.29.jpg

2018-11-25 16.32.02.jpg

• 6 months later...
FlytheWMark

I thought I'd give this a bit of an update since it's around the 1 year anniversary of the crash. Overall I'm really happy with this tank.  Lots of growth in the re-stocked coral.  Parameters are for the most part stable, nitrates (which have always been an issue with this tank) hover between 5-10 and everything in there seems to like that level.  Phosphate got a bit wild for a while but I've been treating it and even it's stable now. 

My Frogspawns have really started to grow, the purple and green tipped one up front is actually in the process of splitting.  My blue tipped hammer is doing ok but not really growing too much (like the others).  The red mushrooms which was my first coral in on the re-boot has multiplied into 7 heads now and actually killed a couple of small heads on my trumpet (as when it's fully extended it covers them).  Outside of the clean up crew the only inhabitants are "Jaques" the Cleaner shrimp and "Big Sexy" the sexy shrimp.

Zoa's have been really hit and miss in this tank and it's frustrating.  What is left in there now are putting on new head but I've had to take several out and place them in my 20 gallon in order to get them to survive.  Probably my favorite coral in there is my Dendro.  Bought it with one head 11 months ago, it's now up to 7.  REALLY picky about flow though.  If my wave maker adjusts just slightly it closes up and won't open until the flow its it right.  But when it's open its fantastic.

I'm still looking for something in the sand-bed (front middle) and the very tip top (left and back of the red mushrooms) so recommendations welcome!🙂

IMG_0224.thumb.JPG.b521c5453896e0ab4483f1bf55db3bdc.JPG

IMG_0225.JPG

IMG_0226.JPG

IMG_0227.JPG

IMG_0228.JPG

IMG_0229.JPG

IMG_0230.JPG

IMG_0231.JPG

IMG_0232.JPG

IMG_9836.JPG