ReefCleaners.org

What fish should I add first

Edwardfish

Hey y’all, I’ve just finished cycling a 15 gallon tank and wanted some input on what fish to add first. I’d like to add a clown goby and a pink streaked wrasse. Because of how in general both fish seem to be shy and they both have low aggression what do y’all think I should add first. Also dose any one have experience keeping these together wether or not they get along or if there or better similar fish to have instead. These would be the only two fish in the tank. Thank y’all.

I would get the goby first.  Sometimes it takes them a bit to start feeding.  Not having competition for food should help.  After the goby has acclimated and is feeding well, you should be able to add the wrasse.  Sorry, I haven't kept a pink streaked wrasse before; but it sounds like they should get along.

• Thanks 1
Euphylin me

pink streaks will seem shy for a while but when i gets comfortable they will actually swim in the open quite often....neat little fish. I had one that would swim all around the xenia and kenya tree i had (a while back) but i concur with seabass, get the clown goby first as they are sort of finicky feeders. tbh i would get some live brine shrimp if possible to start him off feeding and then slowly convert to frozen. This will give you the best success. From my experience, the hardest part about clown gobies is getting them to eat, once they do, they are relatively easy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Euphylin me said:

pink streaks will seem shy for a while but when i gets comfortable they will actually swim in the open quite often....neat little fish. I had one that would swim all around the xenia and kenya tree i had (a while back) but i concur with seabass, get the clown goby first as they are sort of finicky feeders. tbh i would get some live brine shrimp if possible to start him off feeding and then slowly convert to frozen. This will give you the best success. From my experience, the hardest part about clown gobies is getting them to eat, once they do, they are relatively easy

So once the clown goby starts eating even if the wrasse is a bit extra shy it will probably eat fine.

Euphylin me

yea...thats why i would go for the clown goby first...to let him settle in. And get him to eat frozen food BEFORE you add the wrasse. that would probably be your best bet...and dont be discouraged about the clown gobies...they are awesome!

• Like 1

Yep, I agree; pink streaked wrasses are known as good feeders.  Also, I've kept yellow clown gobies before and primarily fed flake food.  It will probably be easier to get them to feed on frozen, but it isn't an absolute requirement.

• Like 1