Coral Vue Hydros

Black box LED lighting

cablez

The listing has been removed.

Many different lights will work for a tank. Many use Mars Aqua and other Chinese black boxes with great success.

What is the tank dimensions?

• Christopher Marks changed the title to Black box LED lighting
3 hours ago, cablez said:

First post!  Welcome to NR.    

Will they work was your question?  Yes, they will work, depending on what you put in your tank.  I have always found that less light is better than more light.

Let us address dimable.  With only one controller, you can only change intensity and not spectrum.  I would not want this light on my display tank unless I saw it up close over a tank with aquascaping.  If the spectrum is not pleasing to you, I would not want it.  When I use Mars Aqua, American made, I have two seperate dimmers.  This allows spectrum adjust.  Corals can adjust to light spectrum.  

PS:  This light would be a great macro refugium light for a 20G long tank.  Somewhere in the technical description should be its kelvin number.  Mars Aqua fixtures are 1300 kelvin with both channels equal.  

Thank you for the response! i have a 20 gallon long. And i am not sure what i want quite yet, likely alot of beginner corals as i have never kept them.I was looking at the Marsaqua i feel like that might be a bit too much light for my tiny tank lol.  But then i do not know if something like this is feasible: https://www.ebay.com/itm/EVO-Clip-3W-Aquarium-LED-Light-Flex-Clamp-Nano-Marine-Fish-Coral-6x-3-Watts-New/291117740775?epid=1662008064&hash=item43c7f832e7:g:EfkAAOxy0aBRrNrG There is also these that I found : https://www.ebay.com/itm/55-LED-165W-Aquarium-Light-Dimmable-Full-Spectrum-Coral-Tank-Light-Bulb-B2/112704910548?hash=item1a3dbc74d4:g:6TAAAOSwZ3BafYoU

The problem with long ranks is getting a light that can spread across the full length.

Most pendant lights you need 2 of them to cover a long tank.

The light will work for lps and soft corals, the problem is like @Subsea said.

You have no control over the spectrum.

It will be either

blue only on.

White only on.

blue and white on which will give you the old fashion 50/50 look.

With other light fixtures you can control the percentage of each colour.

Example: 85% blue and 10% white cannot be done with the fixture you have linked.

You will most likely need 2 of these to cover the full length of a 20 long.

If money is a concern you'd be better off getting

2 Abi tuna blue par38 

Or Aquamaxx Nemolight

The Mars Aqua would actually probably work well for your tank, if spread is wide enough.  Also look at the Current Satellite light. I can't see pics on my phone but the 3w clip lights would be all but useless, probably better for tanks without coral. Kessil A80 is definitely not enough, I wouldn't put one on more than about 10 gallons. Clown is correct that you'd probably need 2 of any pendant light.