Cultivated Reef

Steve's Mixed Reef IM Fusion 30L + New Ball Python Adventure

specore

So approximately 24hrs after declaring I was just going to let things grow out I went to the LFS for snails and come home with purple/green acans, halloween lepto, eagle eye zoa's, fuzzy green mushroom and a purple w/ green polyp acro.  Oh, yeah...got a few snails 

Something odd with my ph or ph probe the last couple of days.  Dosers seem to be working fine so I guess I'll just continue to keep an eye on it.  image.thumb.png.bd1c6322d3336f997dae00f169e993f1.png

Note to self:  After bleeding air from the calcium dosing line it is a good idea to turn the doser off before reinstalling the dosing tube and going to bed.  Luckily it was calcium, not alkalinity and the reservoir only had around 100 ml's in it.

New light has arrived.  Will need to re work my hanging brackets tonight, but have it generally where I want it.  

IMG_1608.JPG

Think I generally have this running around 25%.  Will keep a close eye on my LPS and softies to try and gauge if it needs to be dialed back from there.  Starting with the settings which look best to my eye.  

File_001.png

• Like 3

So after the calcium oops I have continued to dose alk, but have turned off the calcium doser until things come back in line.  Looks like alk took a dip but is already recovering.  Calcium is measuring 500+ (590 is my best estimate).  

image.thumb.png.158cc3555ef7535846df0e531c2761c7.pngimage.thumb.png.9bf05e452989df35c805e6847c128800.png

Miner's Luck acro RTN's overnight last week.  Thought it was for sure a goner.  weird thing is it lost like 80% of its tissue within a few hours, yet a week later it has not lost any additional tissue and even appears to be getting some color back. Will be interesting to see if it can recover.  

IMG_1614.JPG

2 hours ago, dannyhaitran said:

I am obsessed with this, will be following!!!

Thanks Danny.  I'll be following your build as well. 

Looks like the acro frags are starting to settle in.  The mystery branching acro is showing more purple color and beginning to encrust the epoxy around the plug.  

Have an assistant this morning.  Honestly, I don't think she has even noticed the tank...if she can't eat it or drink it then it is of no use.  

IMG_1629.JPG

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, DaveFason said:

The tank looks great! How large is your dog!?

She's a petite dane at 120-125 lbs.  Probably should be about 10 lbs heavier.

Typical trip to the LFS.  Went in knowing exactly what I was looking for, then left with something entirely different. Unfortunately a purchase I'll probably regret.  

At least they aren't shy.  This was literally within five minutes of being introduced to the tank. 

IMG_1648.JPG

• Like 1

One of the purple queen anthias is showing some interest in frozen plankton.  Gonna count that as a win considering the reputation of these guy. 

1 minute ago, A Little Blue said:

Brave choice. 

No kidding.  Honestly would have never touched them, except they caught my wife's eye.  Considering how patient she is about this hobby I try and appease her periodically.  

A Little Blue
27 minutes ago, specore said:

No kidding.  Honestly would have never touched them, except they caught my wife's eye.  Considering how patient she is about this hobby I try and appease her periodically.  

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a beautiful fish. Just rarely seen in nano tanks. Take good care of them. 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
On 7/14/2018 at 1:29 PM, specore said:

Have an assistant this morning.  Honestly, I don't think she has even noticed the tank...if she can't eat it or drink it then it is of no use.  

IMG_1629.JPG

omg beautiful tank and dog :smilie: I love great danes

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

omg beautiful tank and dog :smilie: I love great danes

Thanks, she is a great dog.  Only issue we have with her is she absolutely destroys the yard where she likes to run by the fence.  

• Like 1