Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Steve's Mixed Reef IM Fusion 30L + New Ball Python Adventure

specore

Current FTS 1-10-2019

10058623_Jan2019FTS.thumb.JPG.270c2d1a56a8de41ebdc0a8e3a1753d1.JPG

Recently started working full time from home.  Did a renovation on the home office and decided to downgraded and go back into an AIO which is more quiet and IMO a little more simple to maintain.  

Equipment List:

Innovative Marine Fusion 30L 

Apex Classic with pH and temp probes

Apex WXM module 

MP-10 QDW controlled with Apex

Apex FMM module with 2 leak detectors

Varios-2 return pump

Custom Nanobox all LED hybrid unit

2 BRS Drew's Dosers

Marinecolor 3 compartment dosing container

InTank media basket

InTank floss holder

InTank fuge basket

ACKE LED grow light fuge light

150w Finnex HMA-S heater (primary)

100w Aqueon Pro heater (backup)

Hydrofill ATO controller

Hydrofill ATO pump

Your Choice Aquatics ATO reservior

Red Sea Pro test kits (Alk, Ca, Mg, Nitrate, Phosphate)

Premium Aquatics refractometer

BRS 6 stage RO/DI

Etek City digital food scale

Dry Goods

BRS dry rock

Special Grade Arag-Alive! sand

ESV Seawater System Salt Mix

Filtration

Chemi-Pure Blue

Filter Floss Pad

Cheato from a local reefer

Dosing

Seachem Aquavitro Fuel (5ml 2x per week)

ESV B-Ionic 2 Part (2 ml per day)

Livestock

1 Frostbite Clownfish

1 Purple Queen Anthias

1 African Flameback Angel

1 Green Chromis (the anemones have eaten 5-6 of their less intelligent cousins)

1 Longnose Hawkfish

1 Pajama Cardinal

1 Tiger Brittle Starfish

15 assorted hermits

1 Tiger conch

5 Astrea Snails

5 Margarita Snails

Green/Purple Branching Frogspawn (split into 3 colonies)

Green Wall  Hammer

Halloween Lepto

Montipora Confusa

Montipora Setosa

WWC Emerald Platygyra

Miner's Luck Acro

Dragon Fruit Chalice

Purple Lightning Favia

Red Acans

Green/Purple Acans

Red Monti Capricornis

Green Trachy

LA Red Shortcake Acro

ORA Ice Tort

A pair of unidentified $20 Acros

Duncan

4 Mini Maxi Anenomes

Mixed Zoas (nothing fancy)

IMG_1428.JPG

IMG_1429.JPG

IMG_1433.JPG

IMG_1434.JPG

IMG_1435.JPG

IMG_1437.JPG

IMG_1440.JPG

IMG_1426.JPG

IMG_1770.JPG

11-5-18

IMG_5462.JPG

12-4-18

IMG_2164.thumb.JPG.bb3613125990294153fccc545dac0dd9.JPG

• Like 4
Christopher Marks

Welcome back @specore, lovely new system you've built. You mentioned that you had downgraded to an AIO, what came before this one? It's hard to beat the simplicity of an AIO nano reef 🙂 

What do you have planned for your new tank, moving forward?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Welcome back @specore, lovely new system you've built. You mentioned that you had downgraded to an AIO, what came before this one? It's hard to beat the simplicity of an AIO nano reef 🙂 

What do you have planned for your new tank, moving forward?

Previous tank was Reef Octopus T90.  Plan is to lps dominant left island and to let a handful of sps frags grow out on right island.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, A Little Blue said:

Like seeing more 30L owners. 👍

Good to be part of the club I am definitely enjoying the tank.  TBH I have found 30g to be in my sweet spot for maintenance.  

• Like 1
mitten_reef
1 hour ago, specore said:

Good to be part of the club I am definitely enjoying the tank.  TBH I have found 30g to be in my sweet spot for maintenance.  

Look forward to see updates on this tank.  Looks like an awesome start. 

• Like 1
A Little Blue
3 hours ago, specore said:

Pretty easy to keep up with the maintenance on this tank. Would like it to be few inches taller and wider but it could have been worst. Kessil 360 is perfect for it. How do you like your varios? I was seriously considering it as a replacement for my Jebao 2000 dc return pump. 

A Little Blue
7 minutes ago, specore said:

lol...hopefully not

That’s what I usually get from my “friends”. Cheap frags with skeletons in the closet. Don’t forget to dip. And then, dip again. 

• Like 1

Been using the B-Ionic Seawater System the last few weeks and thought I'd finally get around to testing a batch.  Really like that this salt can be added immediately after mixing and mixes with zero precipitate.  However, having to measure and add each component still takes around 15-20 minutes by the time you wait for the powders to dissolve.  

Fresh batch at 1.025 SG:

Ca 420

Alk 9.0

Mg 1320

IMG_1551.JPG

I have struggled a little figuring out how to use the Intank media basket and floss holder for this tank.  Installed both, added filter floss and immediately both sides couldn't keep up with the flow from the stock return pump.  Then tried floss pads and had the same issue.  I think the issue is that there are only a few holes in the media rack for water to flow through, and when the floss sits flush in these holes it slows the flow too much.  

Finally last night figured out of I cut the pads a little long and lay them in the floss holder/media basket angled from back to front I can eliminate the water overflowing and insure everything passes through the floss.  Even if the floss holder overflows now the water will still pass through the floss and filter out any food, etc.  

IMG_1554-2.JPG

IMG_1555-2.JPG

After watching it sit in the classifieds for a while now I finally decided to pull the trigger on a light I've been drooling over for a while now.  Nanobox Hybrid with 4 led arrays, two LED actinic strips and two 24" T5's.  Should be here next week.  Pretty sure I'll have to dial this thing way back,..but that's ok.  

55234647203__83D01957-42D6-4735-8932-7AC4F9109343.JPG

• Like 1

This branching monti lost some flesh and went brown when I initially introduced it two weeks ago.  already starting to color up again and showing some new growth. 

6/19/18

IMG_1428.thumb.JPG.fd47b3fad21efa72e14464180b7fb65c.JPG

7/4/18

IMG_1575.thumb.JPG.92648fe9827492c480f0d573b1a73d4b.JPG 

• Like 1

Well...the Orange Kiwi Acro decided to give up overnight.  Just couldn't go on I guess. Thankful at times like this that I buy mostly $10-$20 frags.  

mitten_reef
On 7/4/2018 at 8:23 AM, specore said:

After watching it sit in the classifieds for a while now I finally decided to pull the trigger on a light I've been drooling over for a while now.  Nanobox Hybrid with 4 led arrays, two LED actinic strips and two 24" T5's.  Should be here next week.  Pretty sure I'll have to dial this thing way back,..but that's ok.  

55234647203__83D01957-42D6-4735-8932-7AC4F9109343.JPG

Glad to see  this light getting a second life - on a tank that I'm following, no less!

btw, you've been talking about t5 bulbs selection.  r u gonna add t5 sockets to the fixture right the way?  The fixture doesn't look to have t5 sockets available - it's more like expandable. 

8 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

btw, you've been talking about t5 bulbs selection.  r u gonna add t5 sockets to the fixture right the way?  The fixture doesn't look to have t5 sockets available - it's more like expandable. 

Yeah I just figured that out.  Seems curious that they just left these empty when this was hung over a much larger tank.  Honestly, it is more light than I need without the T5's.  May try and retro them at some point just to play with color, but will probably just leave it be.  

Tried to get iPhone pics of my frostbite clown this morning.  Really want to like this fish, but she has now decided to attack my hand everytime it is in the tank.  Had just cleaned the glass, so water wasn't exactly clear.  

IMG_1597.JPG

IMG_1598.JPG