inTank Media Baskets

Steve's Mixed Reef IM Fusion 30L + New Ball Python Adventure

specore

14 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

R those true carpet nem? Or just very fluffy maxi mini’s?

Just fluffy maxi's.  The blue one has gotten huge lately.

Guess he got tired of fighting for space with big bros

IMG_1678.JPG

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Jaredgib said:

Great looking tank...I have a 30l as well. Just now getting it stocked up with coral.

Thanks.  These 30l's great little AIO's.   

Anthias #2 is looking really weak and skinny.  Has barely come out for feedings the last couple of days and even when he does has barely eaten.  Thinking I may not see him again after today/tomorrow.  Anthias #1 is still eating with gusto...although I really need him to start picking at something a little larger than ova of micro plankton.  Worried what all this broadcast feeding is going to do to the tank.  

• Sad 1
A Little Blue
4 hours ago, specore said:

Anthias #2 is looking really weak and skinny.  Has barely come out for feedings the last couple of days and even when he does has barely eaten.  Thinking I may not see him again after today/tomorrow.  Anthias #1 is still eating with gusto...although I really need him to start picking at something a little larger than ova of micro plankton.  Worried what all this broadcast feeding is going to do to the tank.  

Do Anthias eat Brine shrimp?

47 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Do Anthias eat Brine shrimp?

Other species I would say yes.  These guys don't seem interested in anything larger than baby brine shrimp size. 

A Little Blue
1 hour ago, specore said:

Other species I would say yes.  These guys don't seem interested in anything larger than baby brine shrimp size. 

Raising baby brine is quite easy but I don’t think you would want to go that far to give these guys extra nutrients. And honestly, I don’t know if that will help you with your feeding issue?  

22 hours ago, A Little Blue said:

Raising baby brine is quite easy but I don’t think you would want to go that far to give these guys extra nutrients. And honestly, I don’t know if that will help you with your feeding issue?  

I doubt it and I don't think it would make a difference vs the Ova.  The one is still doing quite well and 1 for 2 probably isn't so bad with these guys.  

• Like 1

Because I love my kids I "volunteered" to take them for snoballs and to see the animals at the LFS.  Came home with a couple of new additions.

Green/Purple Platygyra

IMG_1690.thumb.JPG.35f879916bc053b495584e7be7d14bb5.JPG

Some sort of acro

IMG_1685.thumb.JPG.b3e8561387d3b47dc8650deaec95b93e.JPG

• Haha 1

I'm sure my wife would hate a frag rack.  I try and keep complaints to a minimum...that way I am free to  continue spending my kids college money on corals. 😀

19 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

You need to invest few $ in half decent frag rack. 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
KW NANOREEF
1 hour ago, specore said:

I'm sure my wife would hate a frag rack.  I try and keep complaints to a minimum...that way I am free to  continue spending my kids college money on corals. 😀

Haha

• Like 1

Another crappy iPhone pic of the maze brain.  This is a gorgeous coral and makes me want to dig out the $2k Canon DSLR we have hidden somewhere around here.  Anyone want to teach me how to use the damn thing?

IMG_1694.JPG

• Like 1
mitten_reef
21 minutes ago, specore said:

Another crappy iPhone pic of the maze brain.  This is a gorgeous coral and makes me want to dig out the $2k Canon DSLR we have hidden somewhere around here.  Anyone want to teach me how to use the damn thing?

Here ya go - that tutorial makes my 10-yr old "budget" dslr works magic.  so if ya got a $2k Canon, well, bring that b!tch out or storage.  As for that special accessory (gel filter), I'd say just play around with white balance.  Then if you're still truly unhappy with the results, then order the gel filter.  But what do I know, I have never tried them, ha.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, micoastreefing said:

Here ya go - that tutorial makes my 10-yr old "budget" dslr works magic.  so if ya got a $2k Canon, well, bring that b!tch out or storage.  As for that special accessory (gel filter), I'd say just play around with white balance.  Then if you're still truly unhappy with the results, then order the gel filter.  But what do I know, I have never tried them, ha.

I've read through that before.  In the past I've felt motivated only to pull the camera out and immediately get frustrated trying to actually set it to the suggested settings.  RAW mode, ISO , blah blah blah...makes my head hurt thinking about it.  Maybe I should just hire a photographer to come and show me what the hell to do 🙂

• Like 1
mitten_reef
Just now, specore said:

I've read through that before.  In the past I've felt motivated only to pull the camera out and immediately get frustrated trying to actually set it to the suggested settings.  RAW mode, ISO , blah blah blah...makes my head hurt thinking about it.  Maybe I should just hire a photographer to come and show me what the hell to do 🙂

HA, can't help you there.  Some camera stores (if those still exist around you) puts on a DSLR-101 clinic for owners, typically for free or a small fee.  It's their way of getting potential customers in the door - and possibly upselling upgrades.  That might be worth a shot.

My sister-in-law is a professional food photographer.  So she's been beating the basic concepts into our heads (my wife and I) every time we asked her for a tutorial, pretty much annually during our joint summer vacation with their family.  So after several of those repeated tutorials from the sister-in-law, reading the guide link finally makes sense. Haha.      

• Like 1
MuffinMonster

Oh man, I just read through this thread, I didn't know you were rocking a 30L too. This makes me more excited to start my tank thread soon. More 30L buddys!! I Enjoy the 30L a lot. I'm getting to the point where I wish I had a sump though and not an AIO. But the AIO will do for now:)

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

HA, can't help you there.  Some camera stores (if those still exist around you) puts on a DSLR-101 clinic for owners, typically for free or a small fee.  It's their way of getting potential customers in the door - and possibly upselling upgrades.  That might be worth a shot.

My sister-in-law is a professional food photographer.  So she's been beating the basic concepts into our heads (my wife and I) every time we asked her for a tutorial, pretty much annually during our joint summer vacation with their family.  So after several of those repeated tutorials from the sister-in-law, reading the guide link finally makes sense. Haha.      

Cool...so I just need to vacation with you. Going anywhere nice?

36 minutes ago, Dakoda said:

Oh man, I just read through this thread, I didn't know you were rocking a 30L too. This makes me more excited to start my tank thread soon. More 30L buddys!! I Enjoy the 30L a lot. I'm getting to the point where I wish I had a sump though and not an AIO. But the AIO will do for now:)

Sumps are over rated.  Everytime I go to a sump system I end up back at AIO.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, A Little Blue said:

There is an iPhone app designed for aquarium pics 

Ok, downloaded it and took video of Nutramar Ova feeding.   Don't know why the resolution looks so bad after uploading.  

A Little Blue

I don’t know about resolution issue. There are resolution options for uploads on YouTube  but honestly, I could use a hint to get decent quality of uploads as well. I try to upload in 720P but resolution seems crappy. Don’t know what is it that I am doing wrong🙄

5 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Which App is that? 

Aquarium Cam

1 minute ago, A Little Blue said:

I don’t know about resolution issue. There are resolution options for uploads on YouTube  but honestly, I could use a hint to get decent quality of uploads as well. I try to upload in 720P but resolution seems crappy. Don’t know what is it that I am doing wrong🙄

I know that feeling 🙂

A Little Blue
12 minutes ago, specore said:

Aquarium Cam

I know that feeling 🙂

That’s the one. Using this app exclusively for tank pics. If things still don’t look right, PS Express app is used for final touch-ups. 

• Like 1