Coral Vue Hydros

Steve's Mixed Reef IM Fusion 30L + New Ball Python Adventure

specore

2 hours ago, A Little Blue said:

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a beautiful fish. Just rarely seen in nano tanks. Take good care of them. 

Picked up some Nutramar Ova and this new frozen food I've never seen before.  I feel like if (BIG if) I can get them eating we've got a great shot, especially since I spend 50 hours a week next to the tank and am not afraid to do several small feedings a day.  

image.png.7f621bea3b77d0147d1590363bcaf77c.png

Also got my fuge going tonight.  @inTank Fuge basket, $20 amazon grow light and chaeto from a local reefer.  Have it set to run from 11:30 pm to 7am ATM, hoping to minimize my daily pH swings. 

Note:  Much softer light than appears in the picture

IMG_1656.thumb.JPG.f555c1cb9acd955b81068021db1d800e.JPG

IMG_1654.thumb.JPG.112859405fa91220dce35f22a3d26b2c.JPG

image.thumb.png.3c7432c748e8c671fd3a7f9922710b8d.png 

IMG_1652.thumb.JPG.b0108c9d6417be6326650581ed84396c.JPG

• Like 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 hour ago, specore said:

Thanks, she is a great dog.  Only issue we have with her is she absolutely destroys the yard where she likes to run by the fence.  

Yeah I hear that..my dog has worn a path in my yard as well. I tried to plant grass but I'm not good at lawn care lol

Really pleased with the progress these guys are making.  This is video of a Nutramar Ova feeding.    

Next time I'll turn off my computer monitors and mute the television 😊

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, specore said:

Really pleased with the progress these guys are making.  This is video of a Nutramar Ova feeding.    

Next time I'll turn off my computer monitors and mute the television 😊

Beautiful fish! How many times are you managing to feed at the moment? 

8 minutes ago, Patrick17 said:

Beautiful fish! How many times are you managing to feed at the moment? 

They've only been in the tank for 24 hrs.  I'm going to try 4-5 small feedings a day for now.  I would live to eventually get them eating small pellets or flake and cut back to 2x a day. 

9 minutes ago, specore said:

They've only been in the tank for 24 hrs.  I'm going to try 4-5 small feedings a day for now.  I would live to eventually get them eating small pellets or flake and cut back to 2x a day. 

Sorry, missed that. Looking forward to seeing them settle in 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Patrick17 said:

Sorry, missed that. Looking forward to seeing them settle in 

No problem. Fingers crossed they do fingerscrossed

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

This tank is looking great...where did you stash those Kessil lights? :haha:

I sold them to a nano-reef member

• Like 1

Beautiful tank, my friend has some if the same anthias and they are stunning in person. Good luck with them!

Where did you manage to find the nutramar ova? I’ve been looking everywhere. Thanks!

On 7/24/2018 at 2:26 PM, hinnenkm said:

Beautiful tank, my friend has some if the same anthias and they are stunning in person. Good luck with them!

Where did you manage to find the nutramar ova? I’ve been looking everywhere. Thanks!

I found it at a LFS here in Louisville.  Everything in my tank goes nuts for the stuff!

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, specore said:

I found it at a LFS here in Louisville.  Everything in my tank goes nuts for the stuff!

If you get the chance, stock up on it then because no where else has it! I've been looking for months and I work at a fish store - no one is able to get it. Once again, beautiful fish 🙂

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, hinnenkm said:

If you get the chance, stock up on it then because no where else has it! I've been looking for months and I work at a fish store - no one is able to get it. Once again, beautiful fish 🙂

Didn't realize I had something so special 🙂

1 minute ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

Gonna need to know what store this was. 😂

Sandy's.  They had quite a few packs of it.

1 hour ago, hinnenkm said:

I don't mind shipping you some if they still have next time I'm in.  Don't go there very often, but maybe I'll check with you when I do. 

5 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Those fish are beautiful! I hope they do well. At least you found some food they love!

Thanks Deb...me too.  One eats like an absolute pig and gets less picky by the day.  Even caught him eating a couple of small flakes the other day.  The other is still a little more reserved and hid in the rockwork during the morning feeding.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, specore said:

I don't mind shipping you some if they still have next time I'm in.  Don't go there very often, but maybe I'll check with you when I do. 

You have absolutely no idea how much I would appreciate that!!!

• Like 1
KW NANOREEF
4 hours ago, specore said:

Seems someone went missing last night.  Had this guy for four years, hope he re-emerges 

image.png.b49cedf545f47e1941aa39843d7902ba.png

IMG_1673.JPG

Mine did the exact same thing. Went right under the rock lol

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, KW NANOREEF said:

Mine did the exact same thing. Went right under the rock lol

Found it...hiding behind big brother

IMG_1674.JPG