Coral Vue Hydros

Steve's Mixed Reef IM Fusion 30L + New Ball Python Adventure

specore

Clownfish are definitely a love hate relationship for me.  Want to love them for their color and personality; but hate them for being a-holes who constantly attack my hands when I need to reach into the tank. 

Saw something odd on my rocks today and took out my forceps to investigate...and then as I am focused on the hitchhiker (turned out to be a stometella snail) something resembling a great white strikes my finger, causing me to splash nearly a quart of water onto my hardwood floors.  There is just something about animals who bite the hand that feeds them which rubs me the wrong way.  Somehow I don't think your Disney counterpart would behave this way.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
16 minutes ago, specore said:

Clownfish are definitely a love hate relationship for me.  Want to love them for their color and personality; but hate them for being a-holes who constantly attack my hands when I need to reach into the tank. 

Saw something odd on my rocks today and took out my forceps to investigate...and then as I am focused on the hitchhiker (turned out to be a stometella snail) something resembling a great white strikes my finger, causing me to splash nearly a quart of water onto my hardwood floors.  There is just something about animals who bite the hand that feeds them which rubs me the wrong way.  Somehow I don't think your Disney counterpart would behave this way.  

My clownfish have never not me, I guess I just am a lucky guy. Although my ~2” misbar clown did take a nip at my finger and I will tell you, a bite from a big clown doesn’t feel very good lol. I also might be because she is the only clown in the tank because she killed her male counterpart 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, KW NANOREEF said:

My clownfish have never not me, I guess I just am a lucky guy. Although my ~2” misbar clown did take a nip at my finger and I will tell you, a bite from a big clown doesn’t feel very good lol. I also might be because she is the only clown in the tank because she killed her male counterpart 

Just give her some time.  It will get worse 🙂

• Sad 1
Nano Nano Boo Boo
10 minutes ago, specore said:

Just give her some time.  It will get worse 🙂

Just be glad your clown hasn’t had a swollen stomach for the last few days. Between that and the not eating I’m worried. 

• Like 1

Moved the hammer more towards the back to get it out of the direct flow from the new MP-10.  Brought the lepto forward to to the spot the hammed had previously occupied and mounted some zoas near the front of the rock.  

The single duncan head also has a couple of small bumps on the sides of its base.  I'm assuming these will be new heads pretty soon.  

File_001 (4).png

• Like 3
Nano Nano Boo Boo
11 minutes ago, specore said:

Moved the hammer more towards the back to get it out of the direct flow from the new MP-10.  Brought the lepto forward to to the spot the hammed had previously occupied and mounted some zoas near the front of the rock.  

The single duncan head also has a couple of small bumps on the sides of its base.  I'm assuming these will be new heads pretty soon.  

File_001 (4).png

That frog frag looks amazing. Hopefully @KW NANOREEF can keep it happy. 😉

• Like 1
Nano Nano Boo Boo
13 minutes ago, specore said:

File_001 (4).png

Are those RFAs?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

Are those RFAs?

Those are mini maxi's.  They aren't quite as pretty as RFA's, but also almost never move.  These are literally in the exact spots I put them day one.   

• Wow 1
A Little Blue
1 minute ago, specore said:

lol...thanks.  I was definitely trying out your tips.  

I tried to play with it a little (no idea what your tank looks like in real life tho). Everything looks good. Things you migh play with a bit more is those two sliders in the app (Red channel slider - maybe a bit more up to warm up the picture and brightness slider in the WB setting- a bit down-lower to bring up shadows/more realistic contrast. 

Thats how I see your tank:

245600E7-C90C-42DF-BA02-7D743C2C5BB1.thumb.jpeg.116e12218154ad8f9bea9d0d59ff0e93.jpeg

But you’re very close. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

I tried to play with it a little (no idea what your tank looks like in real life tho). Everything looks good. Things you migh play with a bit more is those two sliders in the app (Red channel slider - maybe a bit more up to warm up the picture and brightness slider in the WB setting- a bit down-lower to bring up shadows/more realistic contrast. 

Thats how I see your tank:

245600E7-C90C-42DF-BA02-7D743C2C5BB1.thumb.jpeg.116e12218154ad8f9bea9d0d59ff0e93.jpeg

But you’re very close. 

It is getting close.  My tank has a touch of light blue (Windex) tint to it.  

• Like 1
A Little Blue
27 minutes ago, specore said:

It is getting close.  My tank has a touch of light blue (Windex) tint to it.  

You mean more windex blue in real life in comparison to my rendition? 

8 hours ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

That frog frag looks amazing. Hopefully @KW NANOREEF can keep it happy. 😉

Do you not think I can keep a frogspawn alive but I had to walk to your house to make sure your RFA didn’t get sucked into your powerhead. And you dropped the same RFA in the sink, cmon man! Lol

7 minutes ago, specore said:

Found a hitchhiking anemone today.  Hopefully it isn't a pest 

D675B2D8-6ED1-442E-8CFC-04B93C74FAFE.jpeg

Never seen that type of anemone. Doesn’t look like a pest 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, KW NANOREEF said:

Never seen that type of anemone. Doesn’t look like a pest 

Majanos can be.  Similar to aptasia in the way they multiply and take over.  I think ball anemones are less invasive, although the two look similar so I'm not exactly sure which this is.  

• Like 1

Ironing station install.  This will be tonight's project.  Reef related only because it keeps the wife happy, which buys me some wiggle room with tank purchases.  Neff to move some electrical and finish framing the opening. 

85AB3642-3B14-4FB4-B373-FBCFF9E0BDF8.jpeg

• Like 3