Jump to content
specore

Steve's Mixed Reef IM Fusion 30L + New Ball Python Adventure

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, specore said:

image.png.a3916e56dcebe4d2996de882fefcb142.png

 

We have a problem...Have picked up another from Craigslist also, which my wife has claimed as hers.  My wife and two oldest are not both into reptiles and want to try breeding next year.  Working on getting some adult/sub adult females and building a couple of small racks to house everyone. 

I'm so glad you guys are into it. I wish more people would like them, they really are amazing animals. I get sad when I hear "I saw a snake in the yard today and I killed it with the shovel" especially around here cause none of them are dangerous. They are great to have around the house because they take care of the field mice that decide to come in the house.

Share this post


Link to post

How are they packed?? I've always wondered how they ship snakes.. Do they have a heat pack like if you order fish?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I'm so glad you guys are into it. I wish more people would like them, they really are amazing animals. I get sad when I hear "I saw a snake in the yard today and I killed it with the shovel" especially around here cause none of them are dangerous. They are great to have around the house because they take care of the field mice that decide to come in the house.

Personally I find the different morphs fascinating and love the endless possibilities  for breeding. Its a lot like what people can do with clownfish, except there is literally an endless array of color and pattern morphs to mix and match.  It is very cool the role genetics plays in breeding one species of animal to have so many different looks. 

 

image.png.3ee5dabc0f07471c4b71e437d9cbfbf5.png

 

 

image.png.0a4df58d678d36502d344e9607647852.png

 

image.png.1c862bfe3beadf65048ce5cdc1de82b4.png

image.png.75e8ea818a8c4af32e91910726a17099.png

image.png.beef716f7efefc365b8084458c2819e4.png

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

How are they packed?? I've always wondered how they ship snakes.. Do they have a heat pack like if you order fish?

Yes, they were each in their own cloth bag inside a styrofoam lined box.  The heat pack was taped to the bottom with a layer of foam wrap between it and the snakes to isulate them. 

  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, specore said:

Personally I find the different morphs fascinating and love the endless possibilities  for breeding. Its a lot like what people can do with clownfish, except there is literally an endless array of color and pattern morphs to mix and match.  It is very cool the role genetics plays in breeding one species of animal to have so many different looks. 

 

image.png.3ee5dabc0f07471c4b71e437d9cbfbf5.png

 

 

image.png.0a4df58d678d36502d344e9607647852.png

 

image.png.1c862bfe3beadf65048ce5cdc1de82b4.png

image.png.75e8ea818a8c4af32e91910726a17099.png

image.png.beef716f7efefc365b8084458c2819e4.png

 

Oh yeah, my thing is different morphs or garter snakes. I found a guy in finland that does all kinds of morphs. One day I'll end up getting one, hard to swallow 500 bucks lol

1 minute ago, specore said:

Yes, they were each in their own cloth bag inside a styrofoam lined box.  The heat pack was taped to the bottom with a layer of foam wrap between it and the snakes to isulate them. 

Wow, that's awesome :-)

Share this post


Link to post

This is "Joker", a male banana het clown who will be our first stud.  Pictured with my 13 year old daughter who asked for  the smaller  banana het pied as an early birthday present.  Joker is as easy going as I would expect  any snake to be and has been claimed by my wife (same woman who swore five weeks ago there would never be a snake in her home)

2B6F9DEE-58B5-4E65-B6E6-89B31BAFEDF8.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

For those interested in the tank...

Jan 2019 FTS.JPG

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

This is the little girl I've claimed as my own.  Madam Pele, named for the Hawaiian goddess of fire.  Fire het clown female who should throw some nice babies once she is bigger.  

 

Obligatory reef tank photo bomb

A0A531A3-14C8-4FCB-A7AA-CA1729CF076E.jpeg

6EC3D3B4-2370-4E07-9095-D1EBD4F63652.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

This is how bad it's gotten around here. Three more additions today.  Between animals we're already committed to and anything we see at that local reptile show tomorrow this will be mostly filled by Sunday. 

5A1A3667-E24B-43A3-8E9D-26A7FE532FF8.jpeg

18481E5C-9D26-4EEC-B0A2-D7ED7A530C81.jpeg

A09F4999-21B7-4B2F-B74A-51006C667240.jpeg

D5B4FB48-A2A4-4714-A000-0C37C7FEC113.jpeg

  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions

×