ReefCleaners.org

Steve's Mixed Reef IM Fusion 30L + New Ball Python Adventure

specore

hedgeclipper2
2 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Why, why, why ohhhh why? 

I do not even understand how is that a pet? 

Anyone coming to my house with a snake wrapped around their neck will get shot. 

100% agree!!!!

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Why, why, why ohhhh why? 

I do not even understand how is that a pet? 

Anyone coming to my house with a snake wrapped around their neck will get shot. 

Had the same thought.  it's not like they show you any love or even like being handled.  They are just there...then again so are fish . Not to mention my clownfish's bites are pretty much as surprising/painful (not to mention more frequent) than the snake bite I received. 

I would have guessed you for a reptile guy BTW.  Maybe its the tattoos lol

• Haha 2
A Little Blue
1 hour ago, specore said:

Had the same thought.  it's not like they show you any love or even like being handled.  They are just there...then again so are fish . Not to mention my clownfish's bites are pretty much as surprising/painful (not to mention more frequent) than the snake bite I received. 

I would have guessed you for a reptile guy BTW.  Maybe its the tattoos lol

I had reptiles, rats etc as a teen. 

There’s something about snakes that makes me uncomfortable. 

I told you, I have Indiana syndrome. Nothing really disgust me ...... except snakes. 

BTW your analogy between fish and snakes is kinda funny. But I guess I saw that coming from a guy without tattoos 😏

• Haha 2

Definitely have a bully.  Now leaning towards the hawkfish as the culprit.  Witnessed him harassing the larger cardinal today during a pellet feeding.  

• Sad 1
That dank Reefer

That’s a pretty piebald. Use to have a lot of snakes. Man I remember when those snakes cost thousands. That hobby has definitely decreased in price. Yea usually they’re very docile, just handle it a lot it’ll warm up your just gonna get bit some but better now than later, they’ll def draw blood.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Did your snake shed yet? Everything go smoothly?

She did...wasn't a great shed, but got it done.  Suspect playing with the heat lamp didn't help.  Also not sure about the previous owner's husbandry, as the screen top we got from her just doesn't hold humidity without some help. 

55 minutes ago, That dank Reefer said:

That’s a pretty piebald. Use to have a lot of snakes. Man I remember when those snakes cost thousands. That hobby has definitely decreased in price. Yea usually they’re very docile, just handle it a lot it’ll warm up your just gonna get bit some but better now than later, they’ll def draw blood.

She's already much better.  Hasn't struck at me for a few days now, even when I go to get her out.  I can tell she's definitely considering it though 🙂

Have to say I like her a lot.  May have to get my own once she gets passed to my son 😉

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, specore said:

She did...wasn't a great shed, but got it done.  Suspect playing with the heat lamp didn't help.  Also not sure about the previous owner's husbandry, as the screen top we got from her just doesn't hold humidity without some help.

She's already much better.  Hasn't struck at me for a few days now, even when I go to get her out.  I can tell she's definitely considering it though 🙂

Have to say I like her a lot.  May have to get my own once she gets passed to my son 😉

That's awesome, glad she's behaving. How much brighter did she get? They always look the best right after a shed.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

That's awesome, glad she's behaving. How much brighter did she get? They always look the best right after a shed.

Not as much as I had hoped TBH.  She's still a pretty girl though.  Also took her second mouse pretty quickly on Monday.  

• Like 1

Never really felt like this favia was doing anything.  Can always see skeleton as if it is pissed or receding.  Looking back at the WYSIWYG photo though and it has opbviously put on several new polyps, so who knows.  Do favias just look this way normally?

232 WYSIWYG Purple Lightning Favia Live Coral

IMG_2221.JPG

• Like 1
A Little Blue
11 minutes ago, specore said:

Never really felt like this favia was doing anything.  Can always see skeleton as if it is pissed or receding.  Looking back at the WYSIWYG photo though and it has opbviously put on several new polyps, so who knows.  Do favias just look this way normally?

232 WYSIWYG Purple Lightning Favia Live Coral

IMG_2221.JPG

Good find. It grows so, I wouldn't worry. Not as plump as some would like. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Shared this in the  lounge, thought I'd post here as well.  

So my wife posts  this picture of our five year old holding his brothers new pet then gets a call from the lady whose two boys we watch three days a week saying they aren't "comfortable" with having a snake around the boys (3 and 1) .  135 lb great dane not a concern, but a 3oz snake is dangerous enough that they may have to explore other options for child care.  SMH

773138E9-A15D-49B1-9025-EFF34464653F.jpeg

A Little Blue
13 minutes ago, specore said:

Shared this in the  lounge, thought I'd post here as well.  

So my wife posts  this picture of our five year old holding his brothers new pet then gets a call from the lady whose two boys we watch three days a week saying they aren't "comfortable" with having a snake around the boys (3 and 1) .  135 lb great dane not a concern, but a 3oz snake is dangerous enough that they may have to explore other options for child care.  SMH

773138E9-A15D-49B1-9025-EFF34464653F.jpeg

There is a hint of orange. ORANGE = SCARY. 

• Like 1

Don't think I mentioned it here but the longnose hawkfish got to be quite the bully so traded him in for a royal gramma two weeks ago.  The new addition seems to be getting more bold and has been eating well from the start.  Hawkfish got purchased before I even left the LFS, so hopefully he found the right home as well. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Oh boy lol....what did you guys end up getting???

image.png.a3916e56dcebe4d2996de882fefcb142.png

We have a problem...Have picked up another from Craigslist also, which my wife has claimed as hers.  My wife and two oldest are not both into reptiles and want to try breeding next year.  Working on getting some adult/sub adult females and building a couple of small racks to house everyone. 

Just now, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

lol nevermind I just went to the website...lots of beautiful animals

Mike was awesome to work with.  Highly recommend if you are ever in the market for one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1