Coral Vue Hydros

Steve's Mixed Reef IM Fusion 30L + New Ball Python Adventure

specore

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 minutes ago, specore said:

image.png.a3916e56dcebe4d2996de882fefcb142.png

We have a problem...Have picked up another from Craigslist also, which my wife has claimed as hers.  My wife and two oldest are not both into reptiles and want to try breeding next year.  Working on getting some adult/sub adult females and building a couple of small racks to house everyone. 

I'm so glad you guys are into it. I wish more people would like them, they really are amazing animals. I get sad when I hear "I saw a snake in the yard today and I killed it with the shovel" especially around here cause none of them are dangerous. They are great to have around the house because they take care of the field mice that decide to come in the house.

1 minute ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I'm so glad you guys are into it. I wish more people would like them, they really are amazing animals. I get sad when I hear "I saw a snake in the yard today and I killed it with the shovel" especially around here cause none of them are dangerous. They are great to have around the house because they take care of the field mice that decide to come in the house.

Personally I find the different morphs fascinating and love the endless possibilities  for breeding. Its a lot like what people can do with clownfish, except there is literally an endless array of color and pattern morphs to mix and match.  It is very cool the role genetics plays in breeding one species of animal to have so many different looks. 

image.png.3ee5dabc0f07471c4b71e437d9cbfbf5.png

image.png.0a4df58d678d36502d344e9607647852.png

image.png.1c862bfe3beadf65048ce5cdc1de82b4.png

image.png.75e8ea818a8c4af32e91910726a17099.png

image.png.beef716f7efefc365b8084458c2819e4.png

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
7 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

How are they packed?? I've always wondered how they ship snakes.. Do they have a heat pack like if you order fish?

Yes, they were each in their own cloth bag inside a styrofoam lined box.  The heat pack was taped to the bottom with a layer of foam wrap between it and the snakes to isulate them. 

• Wow 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 minutes ago, specore said:

Personally I find the different morphs fascinating and love the endless possibilities  for breeding. Its a lot like what people can do with clownfish, except there is literally an endless array of color and pattern morphs to mix and match.  It is very cool the role genetics plays in breeding one species of animal to have so many different looks. 

image.png.3ee5dabc0f07471c4b71e437d9cbfbf5.png

image.png.0a4df58d678d36502d344e9607647852.png

image.png.1c862bfe3beadf65048ce5cdc1de82b4.png

image.png.75e8ea818a8c4af32e91910726a17099.png

image.png.beef716f7efefc365b8084458c2819e4.png

Oh yeah, my thing is different morphs or garter snakes. I found a guy in finland that does all kinds of morphs. One day I'll end up getting one, hard to swallow 500 bucks lol

1 minute ago, specore said:

Yes, they were each in their own cloth bag inside a styrofoam lined box.  The heat pack was taped to the bottom with a layer of foam wrap between it and the snakes to isulate them. 

Wow, that's awesome :-)

This is "Joker", a male banana het clown who will be our first stud.  Pictured with my 13 year old daughter who asked for  the smaller  banana het pied as an early birthday present.  Joker is as easy going as I would expect  any snake to be and has been claimed by my wife (same woman who swore five weeks ago there would never be a snake in her home)

2B6F9DEE-58B5-4E65-B6E6-89B31BAFEDF8.jpeg

• Like 1

This is the little girl I've claimed as my own.  Madam Pele, named for the Hawaiian goddess of fire.  Fire het clown female who should throw some nice babies once she is bigger.  

Obligatory reef tank photo bomb

A0A531A3-14C8-4FCB-A7AA-CA1729CF076E.jpeg

6EC3D3B4-2370-4E07-9095-D1EBD4F63652.jpeg

• Like 2

This is how bad it's gotten around here. Three more additions today.  Between animals we're already committed to and anything we see at that local reptile show tomorrow this will be mostly filled by Sunday. 

5A1A3667-E24B-43A3-8E9D-26A7FE532FF8.jpeg

18481E5C-9D26-4EEC-B0A2-D7ED7A530C81.jpeg

A09F4999-21B7-4B2F-B74A-51006C667240.jpeg

D5B4FB48-A2A4-4714-A000-0C37C7FEC113.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I swear, why do so many degenerate trolls hang out in the NR Lounge?  I'm pretty sure a lot of them don't even have a tank and just want to talk about beer, bowel movements and food outside the occasional break to troll someone's thread.  I mean this stuff is seriously mindless, no wonder they get bored and sh*t on everything they can.

image.thumb.png.80e23b0a55dac5b41faea654ff2a16cc.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
5 minutes ago, specore said:

I swear, why do so many degenerate trolls hang out in the NR Lounge?  I'm pretty sure a lot of them don't even have a tank and just want to talk about beer, bowel movements and food except outside the occasional break to troll someone's thread.  I mean this stuff is seriously mindless, no wonder they get bored and sh*t on everything they can.

image.thumb.png.80e23b0a55dac5b41faea654ff2a16cc.png

Yeah it sucks, I just tend to ignore them. It's like how do you get rid of them? I see why all the cool kids hang out in lawns page :smilie:. What's the saying something about assholes and they all stink or something lol. Keep up the work bud

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Yeah it sucks, I just tend to ignore them. It's like how do you get rid of them? I see why all the cool kids hang out in lawns page :smilie:. What's the saying something about assholes and they all stink or something lol. Keep up the work bud

They don't stop.  Especially now that they know they have gotten under my skin...its like watching my children

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
20 minutes ago, specore said:

They don't stop.  Especially now that they know they have gotten under my skin...its like watching my children

Well worst case you can always post it up here, the one's who care about it follow you I think :smilie:

• Like 2
A Little Blue
27 minutes ago, specore said:

Don’t feed the trolls. 🤣

I ignore most nonsense on here. Just don’t have the time to listen to bit@hig and moaning. If I wanna talk about beer, I do go to my local watering hole. 

Hate to waste my time on silly ppl. 

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2019 at 9:49 AM, DaveFason said:

Hows the tank?

On 2/27/2019 at 8:12 PM, micoastreefing said:

is this tank still running?  OR did you go all in with the pythons? 

Is still chugging along lol. I'll try and get an update soon

• Like 3