specore

Steve's Mixed Reef IM Fusion 30L - Baby Acans in the House

I've officially given up on the stock mesh top.  Ordered the 1/8" clear netting from BRS and will replace the stock stuff next week.  I loved the way it looked but just feel like it is blocking too much light.  I have the Nanobox approaching deathstar mode and just am not seeing the reaction from the corals I would expect (pretty much feel they should be balled up in the fetal position at this point).  Guess next week I'll swap the mesh and back the light down a little and see how everything does.  

• Like 2

Looking at my BRS account just now.   

Is this normal?  I'm going with yes...maybe 🙂

image.png.c101106201ab1e0c1ced54136469fb03.png

6 minutes ago, specore said:

looks like someone has a reef addiction issue.  😛 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, specore said:

Basically looks like auto ship! Lol

• Like 1

Got new test kits for nitrates and phosphates today. 

Phosphates .04ppm

Nitrates 3ppm

I expected phosphates to read lower, as I have the chaeto light running 17 hrs each day and have virtually no visible algae in the display, despite the frequent feedings.  TBH I'm not completely sure how to interpret these results. I do know my sps aren't coloring up the way I had hoped.  I do believe the mesh top is playing a role by blocking a fair amount of light and now I am wondering nutrient levels could be playing a role as well.   

On 8/15/2018 at 1:07 PM, specore said:

I've officially given up on the stock mesh top.  Ordered the 1/8" clear netting from BRS and will replace the stock stuff next week.  I loved the way it looked but just feel like it is blocking too much light.  I have the Nanobox approaching deathstar mode and just am not seeing the reaction from the corals I would expect (pretty much feel they should be balled up in the fetal position at this point).  Guess next week I'll swap the mesh and back the light down a little and see how everything does.  

Stock netting is junk. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, specore said:

NEW LONGEST STREAK FOR STEVE: 10 Days! That’s right 10 whole days without ordering!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KW NANOREEF said:

NEW LONGEST STREAK FOR STEVE: 10 Days! That’s right 10 whole days without ordering!!

5 hours ago, KW NANOREEF said:

I bought some reef chili last night from them to make myself feel better after the power outage. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

I bought some reef chili last night from them to make myself feel better after the power outage. 

100% insane

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions