ReefCleaners.org

Steve's Mixed Reef IM Fusion 30L + New Ball Python Adventure

specore

Nano Nano Boo Boo
8 minutes ago, specore said:

So after 25 days the chaeto has nearly filled the fuge basket.  I honestly expected faster growth than this, but haven't run cheato before so don't really know if this is below average or not.  I will say I am seeing very little algae in the display, despite the constant heavy feedings to accommodate the anthias.  

7-19-18

IMG_1654.thumb.JPG.0d6d79d6b5a4c396ec5ea0ca0edbaf64.JPG

8-12-18

IMG_1775.thumb.JPG.7ba03ae6c6e0a894709300f162915aa8.JPG

Crazy isn’t it! Not sure what fuge light you’re using, I know you mentioned in a previous post. Mine grows about the same in my Biocube media rack. Usually I basically cut in half about every other water change. I really have noticed the same thing about the display, does a great job outcompeting nuisance algae. 

Nano Nano Boo Boo
Mingdak LED Aquarium Light, Fish Tank Light Under water light Submersible Crystal Glass Lights
  1. 41ZvsnzGWdL._AC_SY400_.jpg
  2. 41SxSVwKHIL._AC_SY400_.jpg
  3. 51Y1LF1-hQL._AC_SY200_.jpg
  4. 41UJu-Cco2L._AC_SY200_.jpg
  5. 41AoBx4NGfL._AC_SY200_.jpg
  6. 512RMV5ZQtL._AC_SY200_.jpg
  7. 51uYCokKh6L._AC_SY200_.jpg
  •  

Mines not even that fancy. $10.99 on amazing. Lol. 

• Like 2
A Little Blue
6 hours ago, specore said:

$20 grow light from Amazon.  Just hangs on the wall behind the tank.  

https://www.amazon.com/ACKE-Lights-Spectrum-Lights,Growing-Hydropoincs/dp/B01LX1EO3W

For some reason link won’t open. I’m using Kessil A80 grow light. Works great. 

53 minutes ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:
Mingdak LED Aquarium Light, Fish Tank Light Under water light Submersible Crystal Glass Lights
  1. 41ZvsnzGWdL._AC_SY400_.jpg
  2. 41SxSVwKHIL._AC_SY400_.jpg
  3. 51Y1LF1-hQL._AC_SY200_.jpg
  4. 41UJu-Cco2L._AC_SY200_.jpg
  5. 41AoBx4NGfL._AC_SY200_.jpg
  6. 512RMV5ZQtL._AC_SY200_.jpg
  7. 51uYCokKh6L._AC_SY200_.jpg
  •  

Mines not even that fancy. $10.99 on amazing. Lol. 

It doesn’t have to be fancy. As long as it does the job. I have similar light for phytoplankton growth. 

1 hour ago, A Little Blue said:

For some reason link won’t open. I’m using Kessil A80 grow light. Works great. 

It doesn’t have to be fancy. As long as it does the job. I have similar light for phytoplankton growth. 

That's interesting.  Took a screenshot for the  record 

008FCFC8-56E6-4E7F-933A-A9A51E36E15B.png

A Little Blue
19 minutes ago, specore said:

That's interesting.  Took a screenshot for the  record 

008FCFC8-56E6-4E7F-933A-A9A51E36E15B.png

I have seen that light b4. 12W should be enough. What about heat? 

Edit. Tried the link again and it worked. Wierd🙄

26 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

I like these. 

Sondiko LED Grow Light Bar, Upgraded Timing Function 10W Grow Light with 48 LEDs Dimmable 4 Levels Lamp Bulbs for Indoor Plants, 2-Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C24ND5C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_YinCBb6HF6KQH

I think 15 inches would be a little long for the back of the 30l.  I'm honestly happy my $20 light hasn't burned the house down (yet, lol).  

Heat doesn't appear to be an issue.  Running this thing 17 hours/day and temp has been rock steady (other than my water change being too warm).  It is a little warm to the touch though.  

A Little Blue
6 minutes ago, specore said:

I think 15 inches would be a little long for the back of the 30l.  I'm honestly happy my $20 light hasn't burned the house down (yet, lol).  

Heat doesn't appear to be an issue.  Running this thing 17 hours/day and temp has been rock steady (other than my water change being too warm).  It is a little warm to the touch though.  

There are ways around it being a little longer. That’s not really my concern.  My frag tank is inside the cabinet so heat is a concern. UV light, AI Prime and fuge light could overwhelm my air cooling system. Besides, I run out of power outlets, so USB power is a nice alternative. 

• Like 1

I love discovering new things by looking at my aquarium after lights out.  Looks like at least five new heads, maybe as many as seven.  It's hard to see the ones to the top as clearly.  Already have their feeders extended.  

2B4D407A-16C4-4103-B4DD-94321F7E18B5.jpeg

70D2BC81-45EC-4753-85FA-967C85F6E2BC.jpeg

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, specore said:

I love discovering new things by looking at my aquarium after lights out.  Looks like at least five new heads, maybe as many as seven.  It's hard to see the ones to the top as clearly.  Already have their feeders extended.  

I’m definitely getting acans from somewhere soon. I’ll try to convince @Nano Nano Boo Boo To take us out to Alex’s place (Detby City) again. He has some fantastic looking Acan frags;)

• Like 1
Nano Nano Boo Boo
35 minutes ago, specore said:

Great pictures by the way! I’ll be keeping my eyes on my acans. Do you feed yours? Mine love a good piece of shrimp. 

6 minutes ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

Great pictures by the way! I’ll be keeping my eyes on my acans. Do you feed yours? Mine love a good piece of shrimp. 

I feed them mysis about twice a week

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, KW NANOREEF said:

@specore how do you feel about the way Aquatica is looking? Shaun and I have a bad feeling that it’s going under:( last year it was a wonderland!

I agree, doesn't look good.  Too bad.  Paul and I go back about 16 years.  He was the saltwater manager at Sandy's and I worked down the street.  Used to spend my lunchbreak there shooting  the shit with him every  Thursday when they were unpacking their livestock shipments.  

1 minute ago, specore said:

I agree, doesn't look good.  Too bad.  Paul and I go back about 16 years.  He was the saltwater manager at Sandy's and I worked down the street.  Used to spend my lunchbreak there shooting  the shit with him every  Thursday when they were unpacking their livestock shipments.  

I haven’t been there in a minute but as from what NNBB said, Paul is trying to pull the place back together. Fish systems are incredible though. Thinking about having him order me an angelfish. Which angel do you thank would be best for my tank?

Nano Nano Boo Boo

Hopefully he can turn it around. Did you ever go their when Todd first started? Place was like a hobbiest heaven. He actually built my first true reef system. 

• Wow 1
1 minute ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

Hopefully he can turn it around. Did you ever go their when Todd first started? Place was like a hobbiest heaven. He actually built my first true reef system. 

Yep.  You could tell Todd burned out as well after the first couple of years.  Bumped in to him a few months ago add he was driving a new Porsche Cayenne, so guess he's doing alright. There was  also the place at Westport Village ( before it was Westport Village and was still ghetto).  I forget his  name, but he used to have  every kind of fish imaginable and a decent invert selection as well. 

Nano Nano Boo Boo

Now I’m wondering if pets palace is still around. Used to have a little store over in bob-air. 

Todd is in real estate now. I run on the mortgage side and have run into him a few times over the years via business. The 40 gallon breeder he built me was flawless. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, KW NANOREEF said:

I haven’t been there in a minute but as from what NNBB said, Paul is trying to pull the place back together. Fish systems are incredible though. Thinking about having him order me an angelfish. Which angel do you thank would be best for my tank?

I highly recommend one of the pygmy's.  Smaller than the dwarfs and less prone to nipping.  I had an Atlantic blue pygmy for several years that I lost with the tank switch.  Also like the African flameback (aka orangeback ) for nanos.  Coral beauty is great, but tbh they get a little big for a 17g display.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

Now I’m wondering if pets palace is still around. Used to have a little store over in bob-air. 

Todd is in real estate now. I run on the mortgage side and have run into him a few times over the years via business. The 40 gallon breeder he built me was flawless. 

real estate huh? He never struck me as Mr personality, surprised he would end up in a sales job.  

Nano Nano Boo Boo
1 minute ago, specore said:

real estate huh? He never struck me as Mr personality, surprised he would end up in a sales job.  

I was totally going to type that and backed off of the thought in case you were close. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 He isn’t the most social person. lol. 

• Like 1