Pod Your Reef

Mushroom Question

Zach W

So I bought an awesome mushroom as my first coral (~1 month ago) and all indications seem to show that it is doing well but is it normal for it to shrink and expand throughout the day? It seems like around midday it is at its largest (probably the size of a quarter) but then at about 6pm it started to shrink to about the size of a dime. Then after lights out it kinda folds up into a ball and then opens back up and repeats. Here is a picture when it is about the size of a dime. Is this normal? 

C1D0327B-B1C3-46ED-AD8E-248B6B9CBEEA.thumb.jpeg.f9fedca186e65806846f792d5a55f1d0.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Zach W said:

So I bought an awesome mushroom as my first coral (~1 month ago) and all indications seem to show that it is doing well but is it normal for it to shrink and expand throughout the day? It seems like around midday it is at its largest (probably the size of a quarter) but then at about 6pm it started to shrink to about the size of a dime. Then after lights out it kinda folds up into a ball and then opens back up and repeats. Here is a picture when it is about the size of a dime. Is this normal? 

C1D0327B-B1C3-46ED-AD8E-248B6B9CBEEA.thumb.jpeg.f9fedca186e65806846f792d5a55f1d0.jpeg

That’s what they do. 🙂

yes, mine does the same exact thing and is very healthy. Mine will go from the size of a quarter to 3 inches in an hour then stay like that for most of the day then around 6 it becomes tiny again. Don’t worry 😉 

9 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

That’s what they do. 🙂

9 minutes ago, 12scanlon said:

yes, mine does the same exact thing and is very healthy. Mine will go from the size of a quarter to 3 inches in an hour then stay like that for most of the day then around 6 it becomes tiny again. Don’t worry 😉 

Awesome, thanks for the feedback! 

36 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

Seems normal. Also thats a wicked looking shroom!

Thanks! Not totally sure what it is, was advertised as an ultra yuma. It’s got orange red yellow and green going on and has grown quite a bit! It was probably this size expanded when I first got it