SaltCritters.com

Help me nurture these poor corals back to life.

Zeal0201

So I went to a LFS near me and saw a kinda sad looking Meteor Shower Cyphastrea. I decided to buy it and attempt to give it some tender loving care. Its been in my tank for about.. 8 hours now. 

I also got a Hollywood stunner from a local guy trying to get rid of some pieces. Seems also a bit sad and in need of TLC. Currently they're all around maybe.. 2 inches from the top. Not sure what I can do with flow to maybe help the healing process. I'm running almighty Radions lights but these guys are way off in the corner. So far the only thing I can see being a issue is the flow? Seems to be kinda strong in that general area.. even near the top.

Tomorrow morning they'll be receiving some good ol breakfast filled with vitamins and roidssssssss

Edit: moved the frag holder down about 6 inches. Adjusted the wavemaker a bit.

20180618_003231.jpg

20180618_003254.jpg

20180618_003301.jpg

20180618_003345.jpg

20180618_003504.jpg

That cyphastrea looks really bad, you should not have paid money for it 😞

I'm not really sure there is much you can do other than what you already mentioned. Chalice coral don't need a lot of light, so keep it low.

The Hollywood stunner prefers lower light and will bleach if it's up high under the light.

The cynphastrea is in really rough shape.

I'd put it in moderate flow, low to mid light because it as well is not high light coral.

1 minute ago, Clown79 said:

The Hollywood stunner prefers lower light and will bleach if it's up high under the light.

The cynphastrea is in really rough shape.

I'd put it in moderate flow, low to mid light because it as well is not high light coral.

I moved both of them to the bottom front right and left corner of the tanks. Each on their own frag holder. I just did a nice feeding to the tank with Polyp booster, followed by read Sea Energy A/B then Aquavitra Fuel then a fish food I made mixed with Mysis, brine, reefeoids Aquaforst vitamins and some seachem zooplankton and phytoplankton