SaltCritters.com

Little Ocean - IM 10

LogicalReefs

LogicalReefs

Hope you like my tank!

Equipment:

IM 10 Nuvo

Sicce 1.5 with spin stream

IM custom media basket (only using filter floss)

Current Eflux 1050 gph on lowest flow setting on pulse mode

Kessil a160we with controller

IM titanium ATO

Aqueon 50w heater (77f-78f)

About 10 lbs of Haitian rock cemented together with Aquaforest stone fix

About 10 lbs of sand that I washed with the water hose

Live stock:

1x Tail Spot Blenny

2x Blue Legged Hermit Crabs

1x Mexican Turbo Snail

Coral:

1x Acan

1x Yuma

2x Scrambled Egg Zoas

2X unamed Zoas

1x Bottle Tip Anemone

FTS 8/1/18

0760E84B-4C80-4205-8700-404DD539DFA7.jpeg

• Like 2
LogicalReefs

I originally had my tail spot Benny for about a month and got a small ocellaris clownfish from my LFS yesterday. Already eating and seems pretty active. The tail spot blend is my favorite fish now though. Has so much personality and would definitely get another. Just look at him! He is photogenic lol 😎

33F4E1F3-FB81-443A-88C3-FCE1A87E6C6B.jpeg

F609724B-3B40-46A4-80FD-4C4AEFB5DDB6.jpeg

259C1628-8C7A-496B-8410-E8416750055F.jpeg

73C7503E-F16B-47ED-BD2E-F2E89BCCFAF7.jpeg

• Like 4
mitten_reef

What a perfect single-rock look for IM 10! 

Hopefully youll be be able to add on to the scape without messing with the rock too much. Watch out for that gsp, don’t let it spread beyond where u want them. 

I like the simplicity of this tank.

You’re maxed out on livestock IMO, I wouldn’t add anything else.

GSP is one of my all time favorite corals & I’m also a Ricordea addict.🤣

Tagging along...

LogicalReefs
18 hours ago, micoastreefing said:

What a perfect single-rock look for IM 10! 

Hopefully youll be be able to add on to the scape without messing with the rock too much. Watch out for that gsp, don’t let it spread beyond where u want them. 

I plan to add more corals to the tank soon. Maybe some acan and a chalice. What are some corals you think might look good in this tank? Also I have a stack of razor blades so I’ll be trimming that gsp should it grow up. I want it to grow downward and just cover that bottom portion of the hangover. 

18 hours ago, bbetta said:

I like the simplicity of this tank.

You’re maxed out on livestock IMO, I wouldn’t add anything else.

GSP is one of my all time favorite corals & I’m also a Ricordea addict.🤣

Tagging along...

We might need to check into RAA (ricordea addicts anonymous) 🤣

I might add one more ocellaris clownfish in about a month once the biological filter can handle the recent addition. If anything else I’ll have to go the skimmer route to help out. I just don’t want my clownfish to be lonely 😅

16 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

#### You. I wish I coulda found a single rock like that for mine. Looks great. 

“Love” you too lol. It’s good Haitian rock. If you can find it in your LFS grab it while you can. Mine only gets some in once every 6 month period I believe. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RocketClownfish said:

I plan to add more corals to the tank soon. Maybe some acan and a chalice. What are some corals you think might look good in this tank? Also I have a stack of razor blades so I’ll be trimming that gsp should it grow up. I want it to grow downward and just cover that bottom portion of the hangover. 

We might need to check into RAA (ricordea addicts anonymous) 🤣

I might add one more ocellaris clownfish in about a month once things the biological filter settles down from the recent addition. If anything else I’ll have to go the skimmer route to help out. I just don’t want my clownfish to be lonely 😅

“Love” you too lol. It’s good Haitian rock. If you can find it in your LFS grab it while you can. Mine only gets some in once every 6 month period I believe. 

I have a fantastic lfs but, live rock ain’t on the menu. Only dry. Next start up I’m going with some wicked uncured stuff from the internet. 

LogicalReefs

Bought some new corals today. A “hybrid” darth maul zoa and a acan that I liked. Don’t know exactly if what I bought was something like a darth maul but I liked the color. $15 per frag and walked out happy. I use this hydroplex stuff. I haven’t ran into issues with this and seems to do the job well. I saw some worm thing with legs that were small and super fast when I popped the acan off the frag plug. So hopefully this takes care of them. 

DCED8EB3-62FF-4D9E-BB83-52F79C3F0DF1.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
LogicalReefs

Been awhile since I’ve updated the tank. My clownfish went and jumped out of the tank. Don’t know how. He must been a circus clownfish cause I had the tank lid on. I can never keep clownfish alive. They always die on me from jumping or something else. I’ve had a watchman goby “disappear” only to find out he was in my chamber in the AIO for a week or 2 and still be alive. But clownfish. Idk what I’m doing wrong lol. 

Looking at what other corals to add to this tank. 

• Sad 2
banasophia
1 hour ago, RocketClownfish said:

Been awhile since I’ve updated the tank. My clownfish went jumped out of the tank. Don’t know how. He must been a circus clownfish cause I had the tank lid on. I can never keep clownfish alive. They always die in me from jumping or something else. I’ve had a watchman goby “disappear” only to find out he was in my chamber in the AIO for a week or 2 and still be alive. But clownfish. Idk what I’m doing wrong lol. 

Looking at what other corals to add to this tank. 

Aww I’m sorry to hear about your clownfish. 😞  Your tailspot blenny is so cute, and he IS photogenic. Looking forward to seeing what you decide on for additional corals. 

• Like 1
LogicalReefs
On 7/7/2018 at 1:38 AM, banasophia said:

Aww I’m sorry to hear about your clownfish. 😞  Your tailspot blenny is so cute, and he IS photogenic. Looking forward to seeing what you decide on for additional corals. 

Thanks. Yeah the tail spot blenny is really awesome. It’s quickly becoming my favorite overall fish. Just has way to much personality. 

I was think more zoas, rfas, and rics/yumas. I want something I can put in the sand too. Maybe some wall hammer or idk. Too many decisions and I’m having the itch to try some sps out but kind of want to keep the tank to softies and lps. But tanks on this forum will make that real hard to not scratch that sps itch. 😅

On 7/7/2018 at 7:29 AM, dferrari13 said:

Great start....how long have you had the tank running??

I actually had the tank up and running for maybe 2-3 months as a bare bottom tank. I got super bored of looking at it like that and maybe a month ago put sand in the tank. It looks SO much better IMO. Some of those bare bottom tanks out there looked so nice and I just couldn’t replicate that. So the tank as a whole has been up and running for maybe 4 months.

• Like 1
LogicalReefs

Been some time to have my new corals from a few weeks ago acclimate and get used to my tank. Any idea what those zoas are? The design name. It’d  be much appreciated.

2389F4BA-8423-47FC-8F92-6488D5E82EB0.jpeg

DAE48A0A-75E2-4BF4-B86B-4DD557852094.jpeg

421F6BBB-81F7-47C3-9C07-5E76981045D2.jpeg

LogicalReefs

Any idea how fast yumas grow? I bought this and it had a baby yuma on it but have not seen much growth. It was one of my first corals for this tank. Had it for maybe 3 months now. 

BA5D99FD-43DC-4EDE-8A47-F0BA99486F61.jpeg

FDEDB6C7-1CCD-4DD0-849F-C5FE0E30F395.jpeg

banasophia

I like your new pics! Not sure about zoas name or Yuma growth... I don’t have either in my tank, but I’ve had my Ricordea Floridas for about 3 months now and they seem like slow growers, though I have 3 tiny little things that I think are baby Floridas from sexual reproduction... remains to be seen as they get bigger if that’s what they are. 

On 7/7/2018 at 1:29 PM, RocketClownfish said:

Been some time to have my new corals from a few weeks ago acclimate and get used to my tank. Any idea what those zoas are? The design name. It’d  be much appreciated.

2389F4BA-8423-47FC-8F92-6488D5E82EB0.jpeg

DAE48A0A-75E2-4BF4-B86B-4DD557852094.jpeg

421F6BBB-81F7-47C3-9C07-5E76981045D2.jpeg

The first zoa is an alpha omega zoa I belive. But the second I'm not particular sure on, but most likely a twizzler zoa/paly.

LogicalReefs
12 hours ago, banasophia said:

Is that last one an acan?

Yes the last one is a acan. It’s a red center with a outside blueish rim. It’s a great coral I really want to watch grow out. 

LogicalReefs
12 hours ago, Abeal1117 said:

The first zoa is an alpha omega zoa I belive. But the second I'm not particular sure on, but most likely a twizzler zoa/paly.

Thanks!

LogicalReefs

New anemone and pictures of coral growth! I don’t know why the acan looks deflated today but it usually is pretty inflated and happy.

AA2A0B23-3994-4C95-956D-8E2E7A70A226.jpeg

ECFDC993-27FB-4B9A-8B0B-80C9642EF857.jpeg

9FD87C12-17E4-497A-B5BC-A12C66C4271C.jpeg

FCC1F066-CCBE-41C9-85A2-49B9EDD96B0E.jpeg

• Like 1
LogicalReefs

Been using this supplement for my tank for maybe less than two weeks. It’s been working great! I’ve noticed great coral growth in that time.

I also used to run purigen in my tank but for some reason would always have algae build up on my glass everyday. So I decided to take out the purigen and just use filter floss and rely heavily on water changes. So far I haven’t had any out break of algae and things have never looked better. So I might run the tank like this for a while and see if there are any downsides to not running any type of filtration except for filter floss. (Also could be better water circulation in tank since upgrading wave maker)

ED7285A9-0DF0-40AF-B81C-2923792AC6A9.jpeg

• Like 1