sadie

Sadies Biocube 16

sadie

do star polyps have sweeper tenticles?  Mine has something weird on it I've never seen before.  Don't know if I should pull it off or leave it.  HOpe the picture is okay

Here's a picture of when I first got it and it was closed up.  (2nd pic) and a pic I took tonight with sweeper things or something on it. (1st pic)

DSC_0236.JPG

daisy polyps 4.28.20.JPG

banasophia
4 hours ago, sadie said:

do star polyps have sweeper tenticles?  Mine has something weird on it I've never seen before.  Don't know if I should pull it off or leave it.  HOpe the picture is okay

Here's a picture of when I first got it and it was closed up.  (2nd pic) and a pic I took tonight with sweeper things or something on it. (1st pic)

DSC_0236.JPG

daisy polyps 4.28.20.JPG

Looks more like clove polyps to me (clavularia), if so they spread by sending out those shoots.

Glad your tank seems to be doing okay after that spike in the temp. I run a chiller in mine cuz the temp fluctuations stressed me out too much, but it’s definitely a pricey investment. 

sadie

Everyone is happy this morning!!:happydance:

I am looking into chillers.  When you said pricey banashophia, I thought -maybe $100.00, but wow!  are they pricey.!  I was looking at one for 400+, it's the JBJ Mini Arctica 1/15 HP.  With the amount of money I have put into my coral, I'm sure it's worth it.   I have my tank in a corner, so I have a decent sized triangle space back there.  I could make a little table and put it back there.

• Like 1

smoothette
9 hours ago, banasophia said:

Looks more like clove polyps to me (clavularia), if so they spread by sending out those shoots.

Glad your tank seems to be doing okay after that spike in the temp. I run a chiller in mine cuz the temp fluctuations stressed me out too much, but it’s definitely a pricey investment. 

Where do you keep your chiller so that it doesnt heat up your house more? ... our house is very small so i ordered zoo med fans for my 32 because no real place to put a chiller that the  cats wont play with it, dog wont chew it up, and it wont heat up our living room... which is only big enough for a tv and loveseat and the tank.

• Like 1

banasophia
5 hours ago, sadie said:

Everyone is happy this morning!!:happydance:

I am looking into chillers.  When you said pricey banashophia, I thought -maybe $100.00, but wow!  are they pricey.!  I was looking at one for 400+, it's the JBJ Mini Arctica 1/15 HP.  With the amount of money I have put into my coral, I'm sure it's worth it.   I have my tank in a corner, so I have a decent sized triangle space back there.  I could make a little table and put it back there.

3 hours ago, smoothette said:

Where do you keep your chiller so that it doesnt heat up your house more? ... our house is very small so i ordered zoo med fans for my 32 because no real place to put a chiller that the  cats wont play with it, dog wont chew it up, and it wont heat up our living room... which is only big enough for a tv and loveseat and the tank.

I use a Chill Solutions chiller on both my 16 and my 32. They run $250-300 and are very compact. My very first one broke after a year when the cord melted, but it occurred a few days after the cable guys had moved my tank and looked to me like the connection had gotten damaged, so I don’t think it was a product defect and since that time I replaced that one and bought a new one for my 32 which I installed a couple weeks ago. 

It doesn’t heat up the room that I’ve noticed only the localized area around it maybe... and you can get a bracket thing for mounting it on the wall, which I ordered but didn’t end up using. I am cautious to put something over the chillers to protect them from spills while doing water changes, and have to be careful not to let my hair hang down into them while leaning over next to them. 

• Like 1

sadie

that price range isn't too bad.  My tank went up to 85 today.  It would be nice not to have to worry.

• Like 1