inTank Media Baskets

Sadies Biocube 16

sadie

14 hours ago, DevilDuck said:

That corraline is to die for!

Thanks, I have every color of the rainbow, except yellow.  the blue and orange are my favorite.

Today is day 2 of blackout.  I am going to turn my white lights off and let my other lights on for a bit.  I'm assuming it's the white lights that the cyano like.  I still see some on the bottom, I will vacuum them up when I puff off the rocks with the baster.

Coral are happy to see some light, they are all opening.

• Like 2

For some reason I took my chiller out over the winter.  I posted in a different place about wave makers and they mentioned soaking stuff in citric acid for cleaning.  I figured I'd put my chiller back in so I soaked that pump, my tnak pump, the wave maker nozzle and everything is working great and looks brand new!!

I decided I liked the Jebao SLW 10.  I think I will put it where my power head is.

• Like 1

Coral are getting really happy and fully opening.  Colors are looking real nice too.  Still have cyano.  I will be doing a WC tonight, mixing the water now.

FTS 4,1,22.JPG

Duncan, PX, RFA 4.1.22.JPG

GSP 4.1.22.JPG

pink RFA 4.1.22.JPG

white TS 4,1,22.JPG

yellow shroom 4.1.22.JPG

2 hours ago, sadie said:

Coral are getting really happy and fully opening.  Colors are looking real nice too.  Still have cyano.  I will be doing a WC tonight, mixing the water now.

FTS 4,1,22.JPG

Duncan, PX, RFA 4.1.22.JPG

GSP 4.1.22.JPG

pink RFA 4.1.22.JPG

white TS 4,1,22.JPG

yellow shroom 4.1.22.JPG

Love the xenia! 

• Thanks 1

got my new wave maker.  I don't know how to program it yet, but I like it already.  I took my old nozzle off my output and put the original one back on.  Everything seems to like it.

FTS 4.5.22.JPG

Jebao 4.5.22.JPG

• Like 4

Just put in a snail order.  Usually I just get a package, but this time I picked my own snails.  I also got some reef safe hermit crabs.  

I am doing a rip clean soon.  I got covid at the beginning of the month and couldn't clean my tank and the algae got out of control that quick!  I will post pictures when I start.  

• Like 4

I have begun!! It took me an hour to wash out 3 five gallon buckets, fill them and mix the salt.  I only have a pump and power head so 1 bucket had to wait. it took about 1/2 hr to mix one bucket, I have never made so much salt water at once before.

DSC_0118.JPG

• Like 3

I started at 9:15.  It took me half an hour to catch fish, shrimp, pick off all the snails and crabs I could see, and empty the tank.  I have my live stock in a bucket with heater and power head, my rocks in a bucket of old tank water.  I am going to rinse out my sand now.

I am going to put paper towels soaked in vinegar on the back wall to remove all that algae while I rinse my sand.  I'll be back in a couple hours.  I am taking pictures as I go, I will post them all later.

• Like 3

Brandon429 are you out there?  I soaked the back in venegar soaked paper towels for 20 min.  I rub all the hair algae off with those paper towels then got a clean face cloth and wet it and rubbed the rest for 10m  minutes.  Really hard and the coraline algae is not comming off.  Should I soak it with the paper towels again or leave it?

rip clean 6A.JPG

rip clean 6.JPG

Wow, glad you are recovering from the COVID. Hope it’s going smoothly with the tank deep cleaning today! I’d love to see before and after pics if you want to share later.

I’ve had an algae takeover in two of my three tanks recently and just added Reef Flux to both of them a few days ago. 

• Like 1

I couldn't have picked a better day for this!!  60* and sunny with clouds that give cover every now and then.  I think I am going to call this good on the wall.  I had to use my plastic scrapper and soak it 3x for 20 mins each.  My water is still not running clear.  Granted I have had to come in the house and scrape the wall and spray my RFA, but I have been rinsing my sand since 10:10 and it's 12:40.

rip clean 7.JPG

nope- can't get it clear...I don't know what to do.  I've been rinsing sand for 4 hours.  My kitchen is trashed and my crew is coming home in an hour and I haven't even started removing the algae off the rocks yet...

I'm gonna start doing the RO rinse and pray it comes clear with that.  

rip clean 9.JPG

I don't have the LR done yet, but I have to take a break and do supper.  I will have to finish this much later.  Should I keep the sand in the bucket, or put it in the tank with enough water to cover the sand?  I have a RFA on the bottom of the glass wall that I have been spraying with salt water.  I'm not sure if he will be better or worse with the sand in there.  Hewon't have heatyet...

Are you saying there’s still a rock flower nem in the empty tank? If it’s on the glass you may be able to just use something like a credit card to slide under and carefully remove it?