Top Shelf Aquatics

WaterBox 4g SPS Pico

tgore

So figured I would dust this build thread off! 😄 

For the most part this tank has been a holding tank for a good portion of my corals while my 60g Cube was set up. In the past few weeks I moved the last few remaining corals to my 60g Cube and will be putting some elbow grease into getting this tank to where I want it to be.

Housekeeping issues:

GHA - This is a small tank that had a large bioload (packed with coral) and as a result, my limited feeding would be too much for it to handle. I will be manually removing the gha over various water changes to come. I plan to replace water from the 60g Cube since I know what the parameters of that tank are and it simplifies the process. 😛 

Spaghettti worms - for some reason these little guys have proliferated to no end in this tank and have essentially made my sand look hairy. Therefore out goes the sand! This will also be coming out with the water changes over time. 

This leads me to my deciding what direction I would like to go with this tank. 🤔 

Options:

- Stick to the original plan and just grow sticks

- Rock flower haven (Would be fun but sand ugh)

- Throw zoas in and let them at it.

Decisions, Decisions...... 

• Like 1

A little update on the revival of this little tank. 

I have been doing large water changes once or twice a week. While at the same time removing as much algae, detritus, and sand as I can siphon during the water change. So far so good as things are starting to look better. The only livestock in the tank currently is a little hermit crab, and a few zoas that grew onto the rock. 

Once I get all the sand out and the tank is starting to stabilize I will begin testing some more corals. Looking forward to it.

5/4/2019

IMG_2654.JPG

End of April.

IMG_2640.JPG

• Like 1