SaltCritters.com

Best AI Prime Signature Settings for Mixed Reef??

Downsouthreefer

Downsouthreefer

Anyone know which signature lighting series schedule most people use on their mixed reefs?  Right now I have the light schedule from Nano Karen set up. It's only been running a week so can't really tell if its good or bad right now.

Other question that might be more important is if you upload a signature series lighting schedule and it runs during a time that you don't like, can you simply go into the manual settings and change the sunrise and sunset times and keep all the other settings for that program?

Thanks, 

There really isn't a best setting because what works for one may not be great for another.

I used 1 of them but for me it was too blue and I love blue. It looked like night time in my tank at 3pm- my clowns didn't look orange.

I switched over to David saxby's schedule as it seems more natural. I just altered percentages because his tank is 700g and mine is 25g.

Downsouthreefer
9 hours ago, Clown79 said:

There really isn't a best setting because what works for one may not be great for another.

I used 1 of them but for me it was too blue and I love blue. It looked like night time in my tank at 3pm- my clowns didn't look orange.

I switched over to David saxby's schedule as it seems more natural. I just altered percentages because his tank is 700g and mine is 25g.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I agree on the blue issue. Karen’s settings are the perfect timeframe for me but the blues do stay on a long time. 

How did you know by how much to adjust lighting for the Saxby setting to fit your tank? Also did you keep the same timeframe for sunrise and sunset? 

I've had the light for a while and my corals are happy with blues being 85% at peak. 

I also run my whites a lot lower as his setting its at 35%, mine is at 12% at peak. I don't like a lot of white.

Where do you download the profiles?  I found a few online in random places, and the one I use works well, but I'm still surprised AI hasn't created a repository/forum to host them for sharing.

I'm using the guy that has the David Saxby style settings.  I couldn't figure out how to adjust the times of the whole thing without manually changing each little dot, which annoyed me to no ####ing end with the david saxby preset since it has soooo maanny time points, but I did it manually.   I read somewhere that there is a way but I couldn't figure it out.

This is the guy's I'm using from the AI signature website link:

Stuart Bertram

7 hours ago, mndfreeze said:

I'm using the guy that has the David Saxby style settings.  I couldn't figure out how to adjust the times of the whole thing without manually changing each little dot, which annoyed me to no ####ing end with the david saxby preset since it has soooo maanny time points, but I did it manually.   I read somewhere that there is a way but I couldn't figure it out.

This is the guy's I'm using from the AI signature website link:

Stuart Bertram

That's who I use too, I adjusted the percentages though.

His tank is 700g. 

I kicked my blues up a few percent but thats it.  I am only using a single AI prime though and he has high end hydras.    I have a second AI prime waiting to be put on but I actually don't have a spot for the arm to mount to, lol, so it's waiting until I can make myself some sort of bracket to mount 2 primes to a single gooseneck.

Toxic enigma

I just found out that there were presets. Mostly I just messed around with the app till I figured out how it worked, then set on and off points for the peak while I'm at work adding points before I usually get up and after I normally go to sleep. After that added a few more on each end to get colors where things look good, still going to make adjustments as things progress though

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/15/2018 at 5:13 PM, Downsouthreefer said:

Thanks for the reply. Yes I agree on the blue issue. Karen’s settings are the perfect timeframe for me but the blues do stay on a long time. 

How did you know by how much to adjust lighting for the Saxby setting to fit your tank? Also did you keep the same timeframe for sunrise and sunset? 

In case this is still helpful for anyone, you can actually adjust the whole profile by using two fingers on light grapg in the myAI app. You can adjust the overall intensity, and also slide the whole thing to the left or right, altering the sunrise/sunset times.

• 1 month later...
JuicyJJuice
On 6/22/2018 at 7:11 AM, Clown79 said:

His tank is 700g. 

@Clown79 I have the same tank. What did you lower the Saxby presets to? Thx!

• 8 months later...
On 6/22/2018 at 3:11 PM, Clown79 said:

His tank is 700g. 

How do you adjust the percentage and would you be able to send  e your settings

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2018 at 2:53 AM, Clown79 said:

I've had the light for a while and my corals are happy with blues being 85% at peak. 

I also run my whites a lot lower as his setting its at 35%, mine is at 12% at peak. I don't like a lot of white.

Would you mind sharing your aip file for yours? I like the Saxby schedule but I also don’t like the higher whites. Also, it’s going over my5 gallon 9.5” deep pico. 

I have a hydra 26 and used Nano Karen's settings for awhile, really liked the settings, but ended up making a few changes to get the colors I wanted. The changes I made didn't work out(bleached corals) so a couple months back changed to the "Pirates of the Caribbean" setting and really love it, doubt I'll change to anything else.

• 1 year later...
On 6/15/2018 at 6:29 AM, Clown79 said:

Hello, how did you adjust for your 25 gal? I want to use David’s presets but don’t know the difference from 700 to 25 gal, I’m running a prime 16 light. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Algor13 said:

Hello, how did you adjust for your 25 gal? I want to use David’s presets but don’t know the difference from 700 to 25 gal, I’m running a prime 16 light. Thanks!

I stopped running Saxby after a few months. I ran much lower settings than his tank.

I didn't like it and saw no difference in the corals. 

I moved onto ab+ settings which i liked better

aSaltyKlown

I'm running the BRS Custom(ab+) at 25% for my Evo.  I've only had it the light for a few weeks so can't comment but I like the look I also bumped up the CW to 23.    This the LPS setting.  The 25% setting was the 'recommended' for 12x12 7.5 gallon at 8" above.  If you haven't seen the video check it out HERE

image.thumb.png.f834b62f3175d6af770ee947de72c68d.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
aSaltyKlown
8 minutes ago, Kindanewtothis said:

Ok I'm studid, I've dowloaded a profile, hkw do I open it in the app on my phone?

If you downloaded it to you phone, open the app, select lighting. Then tap on the star icon, select preset, then the + sign at the top right. Navigate to where you saved the file and select it.  It will then be loaded in to your saved presets.  Select it from here and it will load as the current setting.

• Thanks 1