inTank Media Baskets

Calling all Green Star Polyp Islands

falcooo

Really curious to see some examples of GSP Islands you all have.

Also, anyone have experience with it growing onto the substrate? I see it grows on glass, so why would substrate be any different?

This is an old picture, but it was one of my first corals about 18 yrs ago.  I had it too close to the back wall and a little piece stuck to the wall, you can see it started to grow on the sand bed.

DSC_0178.JPG

DSC_0180.JPG

• Like 1

I’ve only had mine a couple weeks, I WAS going to put it on the main rockwork but after seeing many other pics and heeding the advice of those that keep it here—I made an island.

Mine seems to grow branches of mats out so if it was directly on the sand I’d imagine in time especially with a shallow bed, it might attach to glass.  

The rock island it’s on appears to connect to main rockwork but it’s an illusion, it’s actually spaced CF494DFF-6245-4586-8784-C99A2831D5A8.thumb.jpeg.e20ef0d24bd87c3c512b8facc6c402e8.jpegaway.

• Like 1

I have Blue Star Polyps growing on a flat piece of rock that I propped up in the back of the tank.  It's growing in nicely, but hasn't crept onto the other rocks yet.  I'm sure it will eventually.  Haven't decided if I'm going to prune it back to keep it on just the one rock or let it expand.

IMG_8905-2.jpg

IMG_8905 (2).JPG

15295223700157554252987124476512.thumb.jpg.5d07a1611386614647b275e253fa749a.jpg

Keeping it small for now, my footprint isn't very large.  I snipped a frag and glued it to a piece of dead coral to make a tree.  It's still filling out. 

• Like 1