ReefCleaners.org

canoman

A friend is selling a 24” 4 bulb ATI fixture for cheap. I have a biocube 32 nanobox retro kit which I’m removing because I’m selling the tank. I’m working on a 20l setup and was wondering if it’s worth removing 2 bulbs and retro Fitting the nanobox? Is it worth it?

16 hours ago, canoman said:

A friend is selling a 24” 4 bulb ATI fixture for cheap. I have a biocube 32 nanobox retro kit which I’m removing because I’m selling the tank. I’m working on a 20l setup and was wondering if it’s worth removing 2 bulbs and retro Fitting the nanobox? Is it worth it?

If it were me, yes. Follow the guide and you will be set. 

You may have to jury rig how you mount the light. tank is 30" and light is only 24" so 3" extra on each side. I can not use a hanging mount so I just cut 2" x 2" wood to fit inside the rim and painted them black. I guess you could even try an old glass top to cover the tank and set the fixture on top of that (maybe)

54 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

You may have to jury rig how you mount the light. tank is 30" and light is only 24" so 3" extra on each side. I can not use a hanging mount so I just cut 2" x 2" wood to fit inside the rim and painted them black. I guess you could even try an old glass top to cover the tank and set the fixture on top of that (maybe)

How high do you have the light fixture?

The legs that come with it are about 3.5" and the water is about an inch below the rim so 4.5"  The light is just T5 x 4 no LED in the fixture. I do have a pc. of glass over the tank and will be trying a nanobox duo that is being built and I could have as early as next week.