SaltCritters.com

Future Acan garden

jdmcbuilt

22 minutes ago, jdmcbuilt said:

Will be getting a new lid by next Thursday by a local business now making aquarium lids. Reef gardens llc. 

Nice! And very nice little set up! I just started stocking my nuvo 20 in my living room and keep thinking about a nuvo 10 for my bedroom lol. I ended up using the stock IM screen frame but replaced the screen with BRS 1/4" clear mesh and it works perfect for me

50 minutes ago, btmedic04 said:

Nice! And very nice little set up! I just started stocking my nuvo 20 in my living room and keep thinking about a nuvo 10 for my bedroom lol. I ended up using the stock IM screen frame but replaced the screen with BRS 1/4" clear mesh and it works perfect for me

Only issue I'm having is salt Creep and water collecting in the clips. Leading me to get the new lid. I upgraded the return pump with spinstream. 

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
9 hours ago, jdmcbuilt said:

Will be getting a new lid by next Thursday by a local business now making aquarium lids. Reef gardens llc. 

Are the lids expensive?

• Like 1
WindyCityReefer.
15 hours ago, jdmcbuilt said:

Only issue I'm having is salt Creep and water collecting in the clips. Leading me to get the new lid. I upgraded the return pump with spinstream. 

I had the same issue and this solved my problem. Much cheaper than buying a new lid! 

9 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Are the lids expensive?

Nope.... it came out to $54. 

2 hours ago, WindyCityReefer. said:

I had the same issue and this solved my problem. Much cheaper than buying a new lid! 

I know I've seen this. But for $54 bucks for a cool lid. I'm cool with it. 

• Like 1
WindyCityReefer.
1 minute ago, jdmcbuilt said:

Nope.... it came out to $54. 

I know I've seen this. But for $54 bucks for a cool lid. I'm cool with it. 

Fair enough. 

I love your aquascape! I'll be following this one. Is the goal to fill it with mostly LPS or some SPS too?

5 minutes ago, WindyCityReefer. said:

Fair enough. 

I love your aquascape! I'll be following this one. Is the goal to fill it with mostly LPS or some SPS too?

Lol yeah I think these custom lids fit nice. 

Mainly LPS.

The Monti in there now came from my 75g which I'm going to frag and put them on a rack to grow out a bit. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, btmedic04 said:

Looks great! How are you liking the light?

Love it. No issues with growth or pale corals. Everything seems to be liking it. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

oh damn, love the acans man:smilie:

Thanks. I got more coming my way. I've been looking for some red acans and my LFS will be running to LA next week hopefully they can pick some up. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Awesome little tank you have. I'm glad someone loves Acan's as much as me !!! Have you ever checked out BSA's Acan's for sale ?! Absolutely insane !!! 

I haven't I have a LFS that sells Acans for a good price with good assortment s of colors. I should be getting some red next week. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Love the acans, now that the holidays are over I wanna get some more corals. I haven't got anything coral wise since oct..omgomgomg

Yeah. Christmas is rough on the pocket lol. But Im on the prowl again to pick yo some more Acans for the 10 gallon. 

I need to frag some of the stuff in my 75g I'm just lasy and seems like alot of work lol 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
55 minutes ago, jdmcbuilt said:

Yeah. Christmas is rough on the pocket lol. But Im on the prowl again to pick yo some more Acans for the 10 gallon. 

I need to frag some of the stuff in my 75g I'm just lasy and seems like alot of work lol 

I'm not anywhere close to fragging yet lol. Lots of time before that happens.

19 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I'm not anywhere close to fragging yet lol. Lots of time before that happens.

I don't need to. Just my mushrooms have taken some real estate. 

• Like 1