1 hour ago, jdmcbuilt said:

I love that we all have to explain ourselves to our wives lmao. They hate it but love it at the same time. 

Yeah it's fun....with this saltwater tank I wanted her more involved with picking things out so if I wanted stuff it wouldn't be as bad lol.. she actually likes some of rfas and so we might end up with one or two. I'm digging the acan section though and can't decide what to get

Yeah I do, you can get to the build from my profile.

18 hours ago, jdmcbuilt said:

Why add ammonia? I'm seeding this tank with live rock from current tank that's been running for 2 years. I'll add cheato and feed to create a cycle. I'll have some die off from live rock cheato and marinepure ball. 

Why are you gonna have die off? Are you drying the stuff out?

52 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Why are you gonna have die off? Are you drying the stuff out?

You seed it with something that's has bacteria built up  to create the ammonia spike and cycle the tank. Its natural die off. Instead of adding a raw shrimp. I'm just adding live bacteria that will be transfered from the marinepure and LR. 

2 minutes ago, jdmcbuilt said:

You seed it with something that's has bacteria built up  to create the ammonia spike and cycle the tank. Its natural die off. Instead of adding a raw shrimp. I'm just adding live bacteria that will be transfered from the marinepure and LR. 

I’m still lost. If this is all established rock from a current tank as long as it stays wet you won’t have to establish a cycle at all. Just set it and forget it. 

1 hour ago, 1891Bro said:

I’m still lost. If this is all established rock from a current tank as long as it stays wet you won’t have to establish a cycle at all. Just set it and forget it. 

It will create a cycle. Since I'm just SEEDING IT. my main rock being used is dry rock. It will cause a cycle to build up the beneficial bacteria.  Unless theres something you know that i don't. I'm adding 1lb of live rock from my current tank. The other 6lbs is dry, the 1lb of rock will not create an established aquarium. At least not something i would try. I'll stick to the basics. 

Just now, jdmcbuilt said:

It will create a cycle. Since I'm just SEEDING IT. my main rock being used is dry rock. It will cause a cycle to build up the beneficial bacteria.  Unless theres something you know that i don't. I'm adding 1lb of live rock from my current tank. The other 6lbs is dry, the 1lb of rock will not create an established aquarium. At least not something i would try. I'll stick to the basics. 

I now smell what you have been stepping in. You’re golden. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1891Bro said:

I now smell what you have been stepping in. You’re golden. 

Lol I'm just speeding up the cycle thats all. But yeah I'm not using all live rock. I wish lol but I dont like using live rock from LFS. 

Switching the sand to Fiji sand. My son changed his mind. We will get it wet tomorrow.

20180615_204542.jpg

• Like 1

Looks great, have fun tomorrow! Looking forward to pictures!!

Some more goodies and bought different sand Fiji pink.  On our way home to fire it up. 

20180616_132928_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

ladies and gentleman it has water. 

20180616_154024.jpg

• Like 4

Aquascape in full effect. This set up shoul give me the landscape I need to place my acans. Plus it has some places for fish to hide if they need too. 

20180618_082931.jpg

• Like 4

Waiting on the tank to cycle. I built my rodi water change station. Once I complete I should be able to mix salt water and pump it directly to both my tanks. 

20180624_132507.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

Finished my RODI water change system. 

I like these WIFI power strips I bought, no delay and works great. 

20180701_205328.jpg

Screenshot_2018-07-01-21-01-41.png

Screenshot_2018-07-01-21-01-47.png

• Like 1

Ladies and gentlemen the Micmol Mini G3 has arrived. Looks great. Very sturdy build. Not fragile at all. Fan is a bit noticable when on but so is my fan on my 75g. Will mount soon. 

20180705_183858.jpg

20180705_183936.jpg

20180705_183954.jpg

20180705_184134.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/5/2018 at 10:32 PM, jdmcbuilt said:

Ladies and gentlemen the imageproxy.php?img=&key=c50b0cddbe5b031bMicmol Mini G3 has arrived. Looks great. Very sturdy build. Not fragile at all. Fan is a bit noticable when on but so is my fan on my 75g. Will mount soon. 

20180705_183858.jpg

20180705_183936.jpg

20180705_183954.jpg

20180705_184134.jpg

Running the same light. What percentages are you running?

10 hours ago, Stoops718 said:

Running the same light. What percentages are you running?

Dawn/Mid day/Dusk

20/50/20blue

10/20/10 white

5/15/5 special

I have 1 coral in there right now that I bleached i think when I was running higher percentages. With the current setting acan is looking colorful and puffing up again. 

20 minutes ago, jdmcbuilt said:

Dawn/Mid day/Dusk

20/50/20blue

10/20/10 white

5/15/5 special

I have 1 coral in there right now that I bleached i think when I was running higher percentages. With the current setting acan is looking colorful and puffing up again. 

Thanks. How high do you have it above the tank?

34 minutes ago, Stoops718 said:

Thanks. How high do you have it above the tank?

About 6in. I dont like alot of light bleeding off the side of the tank. 

Current status. Can't complain. 

Stocked

Fire shrimp

Snowflake clown

Typical percula 

5 lord acan frags

Red Monti 

Green Scoly 

hermit crabs 

Snails

IMG_20181129_074102.jpg

IMG_20181129_074119.jpg

IMG_20181129_084829.jpg

• Like 3

Has anyone bought lids from reef tops or top lids for our fusion 10? 

What do the tops cost? 

Will be getting a new lid by next Thursday by a local business now making aquarium lids. Reef gardens llc. 

• Like 1

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions