Coral Vue Hydros

Future Acan garden

jdmcbuilt

Picked up some equipment at my LFS.

IM Fusion 10.

10 pound black sand( my son picked it out).

6 pound dry rock.

Ehiem 50 watt. 

On order

Rio 800 return pump 

Upgraded media rack

IM Spinstream

Micmol Gen 3 light

More pictures to come in 2 days. Thanks to being a good ole Prime member. Lol 

Future livestock

My snowflake clown(currently in my sump)

Corals 

ACAN Garden (at least that's the plan) 

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Tanks going to look good. I'm currently going to be buying my first acans :-) When you get the tank up and running I can't wait to see it.

1 hour ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Tanks going to look good. I'm currently going to be buying my first acans 🙂 When you get the tank up and running I can't wait to see it.

I should get it wet this weekend. I'll being using my current 75g water to seed the tank and  mbacter7 to get it going. I should see it cycle pretty quickly. I wont put anything in there for about 3 weeks.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
18 minutes ago, jdmcbuilt said:

I should get it wet this weekend. I'll being using my current 75g water to seed the tank and  mbacter7 to get it going. I should see it cycle pretty quickly. I wont put anything in there for about 3 weeks.

Nice a bigger tank is on my save money list lol. Good luck can't wait to see it

What is your plan for an ammonia source? I see you have the life rock. Which should be seeded from what I remember and then you have the Microbacter7..... I recommend Dr. Tims it's like 6 bucks on amazon, if you haven't already purchased an ammonia source. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ReefGoat said:

What is your plan for an ammonia source? I see you have the life rock. Which should be seeded from what I remember and then you have the Microbacter7..... I recommend Dr. Tims it's like 6 bucks on amazon, if you haven't already purchased an ammonia source. 

Why add ammonia? I'm seeding this tank with live rock from current tank that's been running for 2 years. I'll add cheato and feed to create a cycle. I'll have some die off from live rock cheato and marinepure ball. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, nsousa said:

Alway super exciting when getting new equipment!! Especially a new full setup.  

Yeah... it's my father's day gift lol considering my wife hates the hobby. She's already trying to plan the livestock...

5 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Nice a bigger tank is on my save money list lol. Good luck can't wait to see it

I started with a 6 gallon tank. went to a 10 gallon fusion. Then a 40 breeder. Then upgraded to a 75 gallon. Now I have a clown that gets picked on that needs a home. So we got him a tank to be in, instead of my sump. 

If I were to do it all over again spend the money on a red sea tank. They are worth every penny. My build for my 75 is on here. 

• Like 1

sorry I thought you said you were using the water from your 75g and just using that 6lbs of life dry rock. I didn't see where you said you were seeding it with LR. My apologies. 

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
4 hours ago, jdmcbuilt said:

I started with a 6 gallon tank. went to a 10 gallon fusion. Then a 40 breeder. Then upgraded to a 75 gallon. Now I have a clown that gets picked on that needs a home. So we got him a tank to be in, instead of my sump. 

If I were to do it all over again spend the money on a red sea tank. They are worth every penny. My build for my 75 is on here. 

I'm actually looking into the SC aquariums tanks. They have complete setups that seem really nice. Gotta save though..having a house is a money pit lol I still have my 75 cichlid tank and the 20 saltwater was the qt tank for them. I moved the tank and ended up just doing saltwater and it's been really fun.

1 hour ago, ReefGoat said:

sorry I thought you said you were using the water from your 75g and just using that 6lbs of life dry rock. I didn't see where you said you were seeding it with LR. My apologies. 

No worries. I hate being so specific lol. My wife says I dont explain myself enough at times hahaha. But yes I have marine pure balls that will sit in the back of the tank that have been in my 75. I'm just using a small piece of live rock. I'm not a fan of using to much live rock in display. The marine pure works like a charm. 

• Like 1

It's going to be awesome! I actually just ordered some Acans from Aqua SD about 30 mins ago. Well the family paid for them for fathers day LOL. But I picked them out. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I'm actually looking into the SC aquariums tanks. They have complete setups that seem really nice. Gotta save though..having a house is a money pit lol I still have my 75 cichlid tank and the 20 saltwater was the qt tank for them. I moved the tank and ended up just doing saltwater and it's been really fun.

I've heard of them before and honestly never went directly to their website. But they have stepped their game up. Waterbox has some nice tanks too. Shoot I wouldnt mind buying the PNP SCA 100 gallon.

Yeah owning a house is pricey. Just wait until you have to do some real maintenance. My houses foundation has settled and now I have hairline cracks on the walls and ceiling that i have been repairing. It wasnt bad but I knew that they were, so it bothered me. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, ReefGoat said:

It's going to be awesome! I actually just ordered some Acans from Aqua SD about 30 mins ago. Well the family paid for them for fathers day LOL. But I picked them out. 

Nice. do you have a local fish store near by? 

Ive never order any corals. My LFS that I go to has some really bad ass pieces all the time. From their personal tanks and they are priced extremely well. Most acans there are $25 for 4 to 5 heads on a frag . some times they do by 2 get 1 free. Killer price since most other places charge $40 for 2 to 4 heads. 

I dont know how i feel about ordering livestock and being delivered to me in 110+ degree weather. Make me nervous. Lol 

I'm in kinda a bad spot. It's not horrible but there is no LFS by me. The nearest really exceptional ones are in New Orleans or Houston. Houston being about 2 hours away and New Orleans being about 4 hours away. So I just ordered it........There is a LFS in my town if you can call it that. But they are an embarrassment really. There is also one about 1.5 hours away........But they gave me pests. I dipped the corals and still got pest. 

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
26 minutes ago, ReefGoat said:

I was just looking at their site....those rock flower nems though omgomgomg

• Wow 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, ReefGoat said:

I know right! I saved my family 50 bucks and used the FathersDay25 code at check out. 25% OFF everything site-wide. 

I am really considering getting one of the nems...going to have to talk to my wife tonight lol. I just did a rescape on my tank so I could add more nems and I want to get into acans as well.

• Like 1

Congrats on the new tank. As I've mentioned before on another thread I have the same light. Love the light, quality is great and the fact that the controller is built in and that includes the mount is great. Still not sure if I'm happy with my percentage/schedule I'm using. I'm using a tweaked version of settings that MicMol sent me directly for my tank. They also suggested to keep it at the lowest height. Let me know what you end up running yours at. Good luck with the build. I'm excited to see your progress.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I am really considering getting one of the nems...going to have to talk to my wife tonight lol. I just did a rescape on my tank so I could add more nems and I want to get into acans as well.

I love that we all have to explain ourselves to our wives lmao. They hate it but love it at the same time. 

10 hours ago, ReefGoat said:

I'm in kinda a bad spot. It's not horrible but there is no LFS by me. The nearest really exceptional ones are in New Orleans or Houston. Houston being about 2 hours away and New Orleans being about 4 hours away. So I just ordered it........There is a LFS in my town if you can call it that. But they are an embarrassment really. There is also one about 1.5 hours away........But they gave me pests. I dipped the corals and still got pest. 

Bummer. I live in phoenix and we have LFS everywhere. Some good and some bad. You just kind of know where the Deal is and you know who sales sick fish.  But my go to for sure has the best overall as they sale corals from there own personally tanks. 

Have you had any losses thru shipment? 

8 hours ago, Stoops718 said:

Congrats on the new tank. As I've mentioned before on another thread I have the same light. Love the light, quality is great and the fact that the controller is built in and that includes the mount is great. Still not sure if I'm happy with my percentage/schedule I'm using. I'm using a tweaked version of settings that MicMol sent me directly for my tank. They also suggested to keep it at the lowest height. Let me know what you end up running yours at. Good luck with the build. I'm excited to see your progress.

I kept my gen 1 at medium height (better coverage). Stick to running it for min 10 hours a day. 

Show us a picture of what it looks like now. 

11 minutes ago, jdmcbuilt said:

Bummer. I live in phoenix and we have LFS everywhere. Some good and some bad. You just kind of know where the Deal is and you know who sales sick fish.  But my go to for sure has the best overall as they sale corals from there own personally tanks. 

Have you had any losses thru shipment? 

First time ordering online. My tank is just now approaching 2 months old. I only have two coral in it. I'll let you know how it goes. 

33 minutes ago, ReefGoat said:

First time ordering online. My tank is just now approaching 2 months old. I only have two coral in it. I'll let you know how it goes. 

Ahhh i see. Do you have your build on here? I'd like to see your progress. Let see if your corals survive shipment. I bet they would survive better than fish I'm sure. 

I found a stand that fits my current furniture in my house. 

20180615_163724.jpg

I opened my front door and i found more stuff lol 

20180615_164024.jpg

• Like 1