Innovative Marine Aquariums

Hitchhiker coral?

sapling

So I've had one originally a long time ago, but now i have several, I assumed they were cup corals, but they aren't speckled like I've seen on melev's reef. maybe this is just a different morph? I've seen them all over now, including on my GSP, and in between my zoanthids, and they mostly come out at night. Should I be worried these are not cup corals or at least benign? I actually thought one of these was an aiptasia for a moment the other day cause there was a larger one behind my LR I saw when i decided to do a night look. I saw the bubble tips however, and never seen an aiptasia like that.

anyways a couple pictures I apologize of the quality. I also have an incredibly bad bubble algae problem.
586220726_PhotoJun1112644AM.thumb.jpg.5cdbcd5a6d68c09a1b2ba036c33d5d47.jpg1582684018_PhotoJun1112724AM.thumb.jpg.fdffa626bf0c976814987eeddc282748.jpg1011512913_PhotoJun1113842AM.thumb.jpg.6e29b7823ff89496132b212ee3c66afd.jpg

Definitely ball anemone.  Generally harmless, with eat little pods n stray food it happens to catch.  Stings are not very potent.  If the zoa's its nestled in are opening just fine during the day then nothing to worry about.  They are generally nocturnal animals or in dark dark places.

Also, they are technically related to callimorphs, mushrooms, and are not actually anemones.

• Like 1