Cultivated Reef

My 40 gallon breeder

cephas

Hey guys has been awhile since I've posted any pics. The tank got wiped out last year when the hurricane came thru and we had no power for 11 days....this year...I have a generator!

We will be upgrading to a larger tank this year, as everything is growing like a weed.   My tank has no sump, just a hang on back protein skimmer.  I do weekly water changes of 10 gallons with Fritz Reef Pro Mix.  I dose once a week with Brightwell aquatics two part. That is it.

My lights...cheap $99 black box LEDs from Amazon that I mostly balance towards the higher under of the spectrum ( 12-14k range)...and run more of the fuller spectrum only a few hours a week or if I take photos to balance out the light.

Here are a few photos...sorry for the quality. Tomorrow is water change and maintenance day...and photos are from my cellphone 

20180610_161415.jpg

20180610_183002.jpg

20180610_183030.jpg

20180610_183359.jpg

The rainbow bubble tips came on as a "hitch hiker" on a piece of rock. It was about the size of a nickel.  That was 7 months ago.

Now...I have 4. The largest is about 5-6" across and looks like it will split again any day. I do feed them daily.  A combo of mysis and brine shrimp.

The Duncan's have recently been fragged from my other duncan. The hammer started off as one head and now has multiple as well...the brain is doing well...but I have moved it several times...not happy with current placement. There are  two bubble tips in the bottom of that photo that are both splits from my original.

20180610_183310.jpg

On 6/10/2018 at 10:30 PM, Sharbuckle said:

Realt nice tank! Well done 

On 6/10/2018 at 10:30 PM, Sharbuckle said:

Realt nice tank! Well done 

Thank you...it's a work in progress! It is always changjng..always growing, always evolving!