inTank Media Baskets

Cycling Steps

McGene

First -- I did try to research this before posting this question -- got an error message every time -- so, here I am

I'm setting up a JBJ45 using Dry Rock and Live Sand.  I bought BIO-Spira and as I read about using it -- I get the impression I will still need an ammonia source -- Correct?

If so, what are the steps -- once I place my Dry Rock and Live Sand in the tank -- fill with water -- do I add the ammonia and then the BIO-Spira -- or both at the same time, etc, etc...?

Thank you ... and sorry to have to post this --- knowing it's been answered somewhere (but I can't seem to get to it :(

-gene

Thanks, guys!  Gonna pick up some PURE ammonia at Ace today.  Thought about using a raw shrimp -- decided against the possible stink (actually -- my wife decided :))

1 minute ago, McGene said:

Thanks, guys!  Gonna pick up some PURE ammonia at Ace today.  Thought about using a raw shrimp -- decided against the possible stink (actually -- my wife decided :))

Not just the stink but access nutrients you don't want in the tank.

I only have about 10 gallons of saltwater made so far.  Just put my rock in the tank and was going to add the sand now -- not sure that's a good idea since I can't fill the tank.  Of course, I wouldn't add ammonia until I have a full tank (45gallons).  Would adding the sand now with the 10 gallons be okay?