Cultivated Reef

? Regarding frogspawn growth pattern

NanoRox

As you can see in the pic, my Frogspawn looks kind of like the Disney Tree of Life.  It has split once so far but everything still seems to be on top of the stalk.  Do they eventually “round out” or do they always look kind of like a tree? 

2AFF0A6E-7289-4770-B74C-47796C26A687.jpeg

They'll eventually branch with polyps along the branch as well as the tip. Just a big jelly looking mass of rounded polyps, like actual frog spawn.

1 minute ago, OPtasia said:

They'll eventually branch with polyps along the branch as well as the tip. Just a big jelly looking mass of rounded polyps, like actual frog spawn.

Ok so I should expect it to eventually fill this back corner I have it in then.  That’s my hope anyway.  I have it next to my small hammer and it seems healthy but does not seem to grow nearly as fast.  I am hoping they kind of blend in with each other.  Kind of a defacto euphyllia  garden. 

Frogspawn and Hammer will co-exist. Torch will sting the hell out of everything within 6" of it and doesn't play nice with other euphyllia.

I agree somewhat on the growth rate. I read a tip online about placing the heads on a hammer coral sort-of sideways to encourage faster growth. It seems to have worked in our toxic green torch coral, which has sprouted 2-3 new heads out of the existing heads on the side. Our vertical purple blue frogspawn is more upright, and while it has grown out it's existing two heads, hasn't sprouted any new heads in the four months we've had it. 

If you're able to provide them with low flow and moderate light, they'll be happy and fill in some space in time.

• Like 1

Yep, I pointed the heads at sort-of a 90 degree angle instead of straight up and down and the hammer sprouted two new heads on the side. They're taking their time growing in but eventually they'll grow to full size and fill in the empty space where it's mounted.