Coral Vue Hydros

Utahpico

41 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

The new system upgrade looks great @Utahpico, very clean setup!

How has the royal gramma been doing?

It's doing good, clown doesn't let it out of its cave other than to eat, oh and it hates water flow. 

• Like 1

Treated the glass with a glass coating, cause the glass felt rough. Now it's crazy slick I couldn't do my usual sharpie mark for the water line cause marker doesn't stick to it, so I cut a strip of electrical tape. 20180614_234314.thumb.jpg.445dfc84bf3514202eaade202a4d7f34.jpg20180615_191010.thumb.jpg.43d1311ed4650973173db2bb91046b05.jpghopefully it helps with scratching. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

So I chose my jebao pp4 pump for a 10g tank, which was my original idea. Instead went with 5.5g  which has 5g of water so my pump pushes out over 530gph in its lowest setting which is a lot of water volume being pushed around in there 100 times turn over. I have it on pulse mode so I know its lower than the 530gph maybe around 300ish might be too much but I love it my corals stay pretty retracted especially my euphillia. 

• Haha 1
On 6/16/2018 at 11:16 PM, Utahpico said:

So I chose my jebao pp4 pump for a 10g tank, which was my original idea. Instead went with 5.5g  which has 5g of water so my pump pushes out over 530gph in its lowest setting which is a lot of water volume being pushed around in there 100 times turn over. I have it on pulse mode so I know its lower than the 530gph maybe around 300ish might be too much but I love it my corals stay pretty retracted especially my euphillia. 

Do they make a smaller one? I haven't looked into jebaos.

15 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Do they make a smaller one? I haven't looked into jebaos.

Nope it's the smallest available : ( iit's an amazing pump I can only use 1 setting on it, but still have enough control and adjustment I love it. My tank has a healthy realistic reef flow and current. 

• Like 1
On 6/18/2018 at 8:54 PM, Utahpico said:

Nope it's the smallest available : ( iit's an amazing pump I can only use 1 setting on it, but still have enough control and adjustment I love it. My tank has a healthy realistic reef flow and current. 

I think the new jebao OW10 is even smaller

25 minutes ago, Nelson said:

I think the new jebao OW10 is even smaller

I wish I had known they were coming out with a new one. : /  i found the sweet spot with my wavemaker, working perfect with no sand stirring 

1 minute ago, Utahpico said:

I wish I had known they were coming out with a new one. : /  i found the sweet spot with my wavemaker, working perfect with no sand stirring 

I forgot to say you have a really nice tank. I like the simplicity. You don’t use filtration right? 

37 minutes ago, Nelson said:

I forgot to say you have a really nice tank. I like the simplicity. You don’t use filtration right? 

Thanks, just waterchanges once a week I'll change 3g and clean the glass and stir the sand bef. Other than that just top off water and feed fish. Pretty much it's like setting up a new tank/system every week.  I've had the clown 1yr and hea doing great just hosts the tank for now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update, tank went through a diatom bloom and has passed, now I'm going to do a waterchange. Got 4 new coral frags. Nothing fancy. 20180630_202649.thumb.jpg.5df4a83194a34168e1a2469635f540b1.jpg20180630_235035.thumb.jpg.fa9dbc974d10cb16572a7837ac3449c9.jpg

• Like 2

New corals aren't in the best shape. I only buy the $5-$20 frags. Already since I took that pic yesterday corals look a lot happier. Especially the digitata I thought that whole underside was gone, but polyps are extended today. Can't wait to see what colors these corals will be in my system. 

7 minutes ago, BaristaBob said:

Wow, awesome growth!! Where did the clown go?

He's there somewhere... I finally have all my birds nest also got a digitata and two acros. I want to add a red digi or some other color.