After a year and a half, he decides to jump! My clown fish. : / it's a risk I take keeping an open top system. There was a power outage for a few hours early that morning and it threw off my light schedule that may have added to the issue...? Photo_1531457062709.thumb.png.dadd8e0d3cada50dbff69f7275d7c647.png

• Sad 2

Switched over to fritz pro, after a 70% water change 2 days ago, everything is really happy, last week for some reason my tank was just not looking so great, corals were changing color or dying and I knew I had to change something. And after that water change I see huge improvement. So another water change in the same week then back to once a week. 

20180801_200826.jpg

18 minutes ago, Utahpico said:

Switched over to fritz pro, after a 70% water change 2 days ago, everything is really happy, last week for some reason my tank was just not looking so great, corals were changing color or dying and I knew I had to change something. And after that water change I see huge improvement. So another water change in the same week then back to once a week. 

20180801_200826.jpg

Looking good 😎. I love the fritz rpm.  Always easier to fix low KH vs high KH.

I got a silent chuckle with the fact that you glued a zoa to the snail.  I'd ask why, but I imagine your response would be to shrug and say "just because" or "seemed like a good idea at the time".  

I'm tagging along on this tank.  It'll be great watching this develop, but I do worry about your GSP overtaking the left side of the tank. 

On 8/10/2018 at 5:38 AM, TatorTaco said:

I got a silent chuckle with the fact that you glued a zoa to the snail.  I'd ask why, but I imagine your response would be to shrug and say "just because" or "seemed like a good idea at the time".  

I'm tagging along on this tank.  It'll be great watching this develop, but I do worry about your GSP overtaking the left side of the tank. 

There was a zoa polyp floating around the tank, and I remembered I used to have a collector crab back in the day, and it would try and put all kinds of stuff on it's back. The gap is slow growing In my tank I also just trimmed it up today, I'm just worried about the xenia. 

Did a 100% water change today full tank and sand cleaning like I used to with my other tank. Full water volume is only 4g . So the rock/coral/sand takes up 1.5g. Colors are getting better, I'm not happy with something o don't know what though. 15342760934546326283463656731672.thumb.jpg.554039f7d619dfa7d2cd3d4696b7f827.jpg

Nice tank! Love the no filtration approach. You used a 3.7gal Petco before right? Looks like you knocked the sumpwall down.

1 hour ago, Lostandfound said:

Nice tank! Love the no filtration approach. You used a 3.7gal Petco before right? Looks like you knocked the sumpwall down.

Yeah, it was a Petco tank I liked it but I scratched it up to bad. With no filtration I figure I'll just spend my money on a good quality salt only

• Like 1

These frog spawn look so strange to me, is it supposed to look like this? 20180814_154901.thumb.jpg.2fcc4d33727754e95f33c9a891c25e2f.jpg

Looks like it's just expelling some waste, but I have only had one frogspawn in my life. I remember it would look like that from time to time.

1 hour ago, BaristaBob said:

Looks like it's just expelling some waste, but I have only had one frogspawn in my life. I remember it would look like that from time to time.

It's new and has never been happy, but now with everything under control and new salt it looks happy 

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions