inTank Media Baskets

mixing gobies

seafan79

there are so many great gobies out there it's difficult to pick between them..is it possiable to mix them? if so which ones seem to get along better?? thanks,,,lisa:)

i dunno if it is but i am going to try, with a yellow watchmen, hi fin red banded, and a green clown, i already have the hi fin and the green clown, the yellow watchmen should be in next week if anyone knows please let us know, I will let you know how mine do seafan i haven't even gotten them outta the bag yet gotta gimme some time

I added a hi-fin red banded after I already had a YWG and a red-head goby. They both teamed up and bullied the hi-fin, kept him hiding in the rocks all of the time. It was pretty bad. I ended up trading the YWG and red-head to my LFS for store credit.

Yes, you can mix gobies. The key is not to mix same type of gobies. I mean you can mix a firefish (swimmer), neon goby (both stays on rocks and swims), a clown goby (stays on rocks and corals) and a yellow watchman goby (bottom).

Yellow watchmans, hi fins, pink bars, yasha haze... all these are shrimp gobies and also stay on the sand. Mixing those is a bad idea in a nano tank.

i think 1 yellow watchmen and a hi fin might be ok because i mean look in the Goby pics in the gallery they are paired up in the same burrow, i just hope mine build the friggin burrow in the front of the tank not on the back where i cannot see them is there anyway to keep them from doing that, i tried to get the lr up against the back of the tank as tightly as possible but there is still some space anything i can do here

thanks a lot guys,,, i really like the YWG and the clown goby. i may give them a try when the time comes. do you think the YWG will eat cleaner shrimp???? lisa

Unless you have a gigantic watchman goby, cleaner wont fit into his mouth so he cant eat the shrimps. I kept very time marine ghost shrimps with my watchman goby and goby didnt touch them. He was even letting them to clean his mouth

Archived