Cultivated Reef

Clownfish Quarantine

aherna96

I just got a couple of clown fish from my lfs, i have them in a 10 g quarantine setup with a piece of marine pure from my display tank for filtration. I am going to do a prophylactic treatment of the fish. I have a bottle of cupramine, a bottle of rid ich plus, but have yet to purchase prazipro. I was planning on dosing the cupramine for any ich or velvet , then the prazipro which I will most likely purchase from BRS, and finally with the rid ich plus to be safe from brooklynella. My question is: can I dose the prazipro while the cupramine is still in the tank? Or should I wait until I finish with the cupramine?

I would not simply because you would need to do a water change and redose copper since prazi is a shorter treatment. Also I had prazi once cause a bacterial bloom which lowers oxygen which is further compromised by copper. 

I really only dose multiple meds together when the fish is sick enough that it needs treatment asap. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Tamberav said:

I would not simply because you would need to do a water change and redose copper since prazi is a shorter treatment. Also I had prazi once cause a bacterial bloom which lowers oxygen which is further compromised by copper. 

I really only dose multiple meds together when the fish is sick enough that it needs treatment asap. 

Thanks good sir! I just wanted a second opinion before I went off and did something stupid.