inTank Media Baskets

What torch is this?

KNelson

I've had this torch for 5.5 months.  I love it, but it has to go.  It has already split into 2 heads and the tentacles are 2x as long as when I got it (was assured they wouldn't get longer).  I'd like to know what kind it is so I can try to get a little bit of my money back.  Orange-ish tentacles, lighter tips, bright green mouths. 

No matter where I put it, it finds a way to go against the current and sting my duncan and alve.  Soon it will be in range of my acan.  I need the real estate.

My pretty: 

20180606_173411.thumb.jpg.6ad8f69ac11759780b17cb97204eefc3.jpg

This is the crap I'm dealing with right now:20180606_173510.thumb.jpg.d9095b591df8f4773befcb34b68fc2ef.jpg20180606_173441.thumb.jpg.be3d3eff3e23db9421fe7afb566f614c.jpg

A Little Blue

Pretty sure this Torch is doing exactly what it suppose to do....... pest control. 

Torches and certain Montis are desirable to keep certain pest corals from spreading. I say, keep it. 

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

Are you asking whether that torch has a designer name?

No, just is it brown, orange, white tip, etc.  I'm sure I paid more than it's worth, I'd just like to get more than $13 credit if I can. 

21 minutes ago, Smackers4 said:

I agree, screw those protopalys keep the torch. 

Can't. They have grown onto my rockwork.

27 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Pretty sure this Torch is doing exactly what it suppose to do....... pest control. 

Torches and certain Montis are desirable to keep certain pest corals from spreading. I say, keep it. 

The torch is stinging my duncan and alve, idc if it stings the palys.

could always trade someone local, also if you decide to sell it dont be afraid to ask what you paid. I mean it’s doubled in size now it sounds like it.  Good luck 👍🏻🍀 

• Thanks 1
A Little Blue
9 minutes ago, KNelson said:

The torch is stinging my duncan and alve, idc if it stings the palys.

Choice is yours. 

Its a Purple Tip BTW. 

I wish my octospawn was doing it’s job like that on my xenia, it just ignores the sweepers.

I personally never got a torch because I knew ahead of time about it being the most aggressive even stinging other euphillia.

Have you tried moving the corals you like away from the torch instead such as the Duncan?

If you feel its just too aggressive, id go ahead and take whatever credit you can so you don’t deal with anymore unintended injuries to the corals you like.