ReefCleaners.org

Mp10 or Aqamai kps/ current eFlux wave pump

Mike P

Me personally I never could stand the look of the cord in the tank. I went with the MP10 for this very reason. No matter how small and less "intrusive" people claim these egg shaped swivel Jaebo and Aqamai powerheads are. They still look more intrusive to me than the MP10. I personally love the look of the MP10. The only advantages I can think of for the others is that you can swivel it and direct the flow where you want it, along with price. Being able to direct flow wasn't important to me because in my I.M 10 I set that baby on Reef crest mode power 8 and let 'er rip. You're leaving out a good contender for price range with the Aqamai Kps though. The I.M wavelink.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Mike P said:

Wondering on recommendations on a pump for my fluval evo12. I have been looking at eco tech mp10 and the Aqamai kps

In my opinion the KPS would in fact be less intrusive in this tank. The advantage it gives is that you can mount the rear magnet in the "sump section" so it is not taking up any display panel space, something that you cannot do with the mp10. And like ReefGoat mentioned you can direct flow with the KPS and it is significantly cheaper. Depending on where you place the pump the cord can be hidden very effectively. Its all a matter of preference though. 

I like the kps. Works great and have had no issues. 

There are downsides to all of them.

Mp10- ridiculous price, loud, no ability to direct it

Kps- some ppl had issues connecting because their phone automatically attempts to connect to their network, not the aqamai network.

IMO Wifi is nice but to be strictly Wifi is a no go. If I'm at the tank I want to make changes on the fly quickly and not have to whip out my phone to make it.

23 minutes ago, AquaVaj said:

IMO Wifi is nice but to be strictly Wifi is a no go. If I'm at the tank I want to make changes on the fly quickly and not have to whip out my phone to make it.

I hear what your saying but realistically how long does it take to open an app and make a change, 30sec? Again I just think it is personal preference. 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the replies. I think I’m leaning toward the Aqamai but now I’m also looking the currents eFlux. Anyone have any expierence with it? I really like the looks of the  mp10 but I wish you could rotate the flow and I have been reading that it can get loud. Too many options 😱 lol

For your tank, I would say the aqamai.  If it was any larger then I'd suggest mp10.  But for your tank I think the aqamai would be perfect and less obtrusive.

22 hours ago, Zach W said:

I hear what your saying but realistically how long does it take to open an app and make a change, 30sec? Again I just think it is personal preference. 

It's so convenient.

Just click on app, change what ever you want.

That's the nice thing about the kps, you can completely customize the flow to your tanks needs. 

Thanks to everyone for the reply’s! I ended up getting the current eFlux wave pump kit with wireless controller. My LFS was having a sale of 30% off all current products this weekend and I was able to get the kit for $90. I think it’s a bit strong for my tank though and still have some playing around with it to do. It’s the 1050 one I picked up. Any thoughts on that being way to strong for the evo 12?

Could you send a picture? I’m looking to get a e-flux for my 10gal sense I already have the led lights that connect as well. One remote would be nice haha. 

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
7 hours ago, Mike P said:

Here’s a picture, ignore the blender box in the background hahaha. It’s about the same size as the hydro nano 240

51DF7DBF-B7EA-47ED-847F-CAE9F4F58A47.jpeg

That's awesome...do you like it so far? I have the current marine IC and wanted to get the eflux. I haven't heard anything really from anyone that has it. I have a 20g with two pumps right now. Sucks I don't have control of the power.

So far I like it a lot especially for the price I paid 😬. My only complaint is that there is a lot of wires but I was able to get them organized and sort of hidden. The ability to use the physical controller to adjust it is awesome and I have it set up on surge mode which I was able to adjust it to do a max of half power which is working out great, full power is way to much for my small tank. I’m pretty happy with my purchase 

I went with Aqamai based on price; I could not justify the MP10.

Works great. Yea, the cable lies somewhat inside the tank but this is solely based the placement.

I was going to get the Aqamai but the store I went to didn’t sale them and they had the currents for 30% off which I was also considering so I walked out with the current wave pump kit

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 hours ago, Mike P said:

Here’s a few more pics showing the package and the wires 

8254C60F-91AA-44BB-B5D4-A2363F488875.jpeg

48753060-DE18-4799-811F-5FF7106DE221.jpeg

9CA1395C-D6E7-43A4-9814-0231C8762438.jpeg

That's awesome I really am getting it now. I'm so tired of pulling pump plugs to feed the animals. I didn't even realize it had a wave function. Thought it was just pumps you can change the power of....that makes me wanna get it now.

Wires suck lol you should see my bird's nest I'm still trying to make look better lol.

• Like 1

Yeah so far I like it a lot, I was concerned the first and second day because it was making a low hum noise but that’s gone now. I think it was breaking in. Now it’s super quiet and yes it has a feed button on the remote, it turns the pump off for 10 minutes 

• Like 1
On 6/10/2018 at 7:12 PM, Lugmos12 said:

I went with Aqamai based on price; I could not justify the MP10.

Works great. Yea, the cable lies somewhat inside the tank but this is solely based the placement.

I went to get the Aqamai at my LFS in Dallas but they didn’t carry it. I ended up getting a 1050gph current eFlux wave pump kit which was on sale for 30% off. I’m happy so far with it

• Like 1