Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

JZP's Biocube 16

jzp456

Found the bigger one on my zoas. The smaller one was on the front glass. Pretty sure that is the reason the zoas haven't been open the past few days. I sucked them out with a turkey baster to be safe. 

20180625_184236.thumb.jpg.c23df2061d5a614f4d0cdac98cf34bd8.jpg

• Like 1

Cute!  Most nudi’s are hydroid eaters...if it liked a coral you’d probably find it on there and not on the wall. They may wane naturally once their food source depletes.  I had one ID’d by Bob Fenner3E00FD10-91F4-4591-AA79-AE40698B917F.thumb.jpeg.62faad1a1c589043c3b166eb43a54728.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I did a freshwater dip on the zoas and manually removed another nudibranch. They are all opened back up now and looking good. 

Sunday will be 2 weeks since water change. I have started using Mrs. Wages pickling lime with my top offs and it seems to be keeping pH and Alk normal and steady.

Nitrate: 0ppm

Alkalinity: 8

pH: 8.2

I haven't tested for phosphate in a while since I only have the API test kit, which I don't believe has enough resolution or accuracy.  However, nuisance algae growth is minimal and the chaeto in the back has more than doubled in size. I believe if phosphate was high I should see the changes in the tank. 

The palys are growing extremely fast and green, red, and pink coralline spots are popping up everywhere.

20180706_182139.thumb.jpg.4ae23bc5b360cf3c749f7c9685fe2ece.jpg 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Everything is good. I have had to take some of the plays out, but they are spreading like weeds. Wrasse is doing great. He lost his long fin on top, but I think it was from one of the clowns. I have to trim the chaeto about every 2 to 3 weeks.