Snow_Phoenix

Snow's Bedroom Nano

9 hours ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

I suppose plump fish = healthy fish, as you've mentioned. I admire your pony tank, btw. Takes a lot of time, patience and dedication to keep such a system going long-term. I've only tried to keep dragonface pipes once, and even then I struggled. Not easy trying to make sure they are well-fed and don't accidently fall sick along the way. 

Thank you Snow for the kind words.  Yes, ponies are work but once I have a pet I try my hardest to do what is necessary to take care of them.  I have noticed that you do the same. 😊

Another thing I have noticed is that hungry fish can turn into ornery fish (come to think of it, I can be pretty ornery myself when I am hungry) so I try not to let that happen for the sake of peace.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, vlangel said:

Thank you Snow for the kind words.  Yes, ponies are work but once I have a pet I try my hardest to do what is necessary to take care of them.  I have noticed that you do the same. 😊

Another thing I have noticed is that hungry fish can turn into ornery fish (come to think of it, I can be pretty ornery myself when I am hungry) so I try not to let that happen for the sake of peace.

Agreed on the ornery bit. Plus, chubby fish are content fish. Although with Thanos, his appetite never ceases. I just had to 'rescue' him from the fugebox again. I swear he is heavily addicted to my caulerpa. I'm thinking of humoring him by deliberately feeding him some macro every now and then. He is, after all, primarily a herbivore by nature. :) 

• Like 1

1. Weeping Willow Toadstool has finally begun to grow more polyps at its base. The leather shrunk for a while when I accidently crushed it a little whilst moving my rocks to glue over the Palys. I was worried it'd never recover, but I'm glad to see it's slowly coming back to life:

2, Thanos loves terrifying/squashing my coral. He usually does this to get my attention and basically demand for more seaweed pellets:

3. My Tuxedo Urchin is still going strong and devours my coralline when I'm not looking:

4. Rare footage of my Saron prowling the tank at night. He's nocturnal, but has a habit of hiding and switching colors. Usually he alternates between red and green, although he prefers green more than anything:

Now, on to non-reefing-related stuff:

1. I finally procured some cocopeat soil to continue my grindal worm culture for my baby spiny eels. I'm personally not sure if my culture survived the transfer, but only time would tell:

2. These are my little ones, which I strive very hard for to keep alive, healthy and growing. From 0.5" & 1", they've both now almost touched 3.75". I believe the larger of my two babies will hit 4" by the end of this month. They're fed live grindal worms (supplemented on oats) and mosquito larvae once a day now. I'm spacing out the feedings because eels usually consume food twice/thrice a week - but those are full-grown specimens. These guys are still juvis and need all the nutrients they can in order to thrive and reach their maximum size. 

I'm currently waiting on a shipment of three new eels from Selangor. They've been QTed by a friend for several weeks now, but we're just trying to find a suitable time and courier to ship them. It's a huge risk because the chances of DOA are very high. I'm relying on the fact that we're hitting monsoon season soon, so the weather is cooler and the packages housing the eels won't overheat and kill any of the fish. I'm just steeling myself. After losing Beast, my Fire Eel, I was and still am quite crushed by his loss. I didn't expect it, and I'm trying my best to move on by occupying myself with taking care and maintaining my other pets - dog, bird, and multiple fish tanks. 

Also, I'd like to apologize. I just reread through some of my posts and realized I've been repetitive, and kept parroting some phrases over and over. It's not intentional. This might sound a bit personal, but I have a brain lesion and am epileptic, and occasionally suffer from short term memory loss + staring spells + seizures etc. Sometimes I have a tendency of writing things online, forgetting about it, and rewriting it again. This includes re-posting pics/vids or sending messages. This also goes for missing social cues, which makes me an awkward/weird person to talk to at times (especially face-to-face). I'm not trying to make excuses, but this is my life, and I wasn't born this way. I fell sick several years ago and I'm trying my best to cope and adjust in any way I can, with the support of my family, therapy and lots of meds. So I'm sorry if I make anyone on NR feel uncomfortable/weirded out with my words/posts. I really am. 

Back to lighter things, here's my 3-year-old Sun Conure, Phoenix - you might have seen him before in my older/other threads, but I raised this guy from a 2-week-old chick until the amazing goof of a bird he is now:

My animals give me a lot of peace and joy, and are therapeutic in a way. Sometimes it can get stressful, especially when they fall sick (because I have this 'must-save-them-all' habit), but I do my best to keep them healthy and happy with my limited space, time and resources. It can get difficult at times, but I do my best. 

Those eels are so cool! I love their noses. Your bird is beautiful too... My grandmother bred and hand raised love birds and had conures including a sun conure. I had a love bird growing up from her. Hope to have a parrot again someday (when I don't have to work so much).

I didn't noticed anything repeated in your posts but I was in a car accident and sustained head injuries many years ago and my memory is pretty crappy at times. 

I've adapted at work with insane organization and color coded note taking skills that I call 'my brain'. 

7 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Those eels are so cool! I love their noses. Your bird is beautiful too... My grandmother bred and hand raised love birds and had conures including a sun conure. I had a love bird growing up from her. Hope to have a parrot again someday (when I don't have to work so much).

I didn't noticed anything repeated in your posts but I was in a car accident and sustained head injuries many years ago and my memory is pretty crappy at times. 

I've adapted at work with insane organization and color coded note taking skills that I call 'my brain'. 

Yep, their noses are adorable lol. They have very poor vision and rely mostly on their sense of smell to detect food. That's cool that your grandmother used to handraise birds. It isn't an easy task and I did struggle with handraising Phoenix in the beginning but now he's a happy, healthy bird. Still behaves like a toddler though, but that is a parrot for you. :lol:

I usually use my phone's memopad to write and remember things. Otherwise I list everything out and color code like you do. It does help. 

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions