Cultivated Reef

Snow's 20G Lazarus Pit - One Last Tribute.

Snow_Phoenix

Update:

1. This was my dilemma yesterday:

I managed to use a brine net to scoop up my male and place him in the fuge last night. This morning, I noticed he was back out in the DT, so I decided it'd be best to leave him be. Since my water level is higher than the level of the fugebox, the dragonets can freely move in and out of the fugebox area at all times. So I guess I'll give them the liberty of swimming in and out freely, as long as they don't get trapped or stuck.

Both Thanos and Goblin are improving. Goblin is actively feeding now, and Thanos prefers grazing from the tank wall or rocks, although there's no discernible algae on them (at least, not from what I can see). I'll be sticking some Nori sheets in the tank later, so hopefully he'll grab a bite before my hermits get to it.

This was the zoa colony I picked up last Sat. It's a combo of regular green and ultra green zoas, but there are two irritating brown palys (the bad kind) wedged between some of the polyps in the far right of the colony. I'll be gluing them over because I think removing them manually using a blade would be difficult + risk getting poisoned:

Also, I asked some ID help for my favia/chalices on the forum, and thanks to Granite and Clown, I managed to get all four pieces IDed:

1. Christmas Favia:

2. Cherry garcia chalice:

3. Emerald mummy eye chalice:

4. Blue/green chalice:

I might up my Calcium dosing since some of my SPS pieces (eg. Pavona, monti caps etc.) seem to be growing rather quickly. Overall, the tank still remains quite stable and healthy. Also, I lost my purple rock urchin. Lost, as in it's *missing, not dead. The one freaky thing I've noticed about this tank is that things have a tendency to go missing for weeks - sometimes even months, and then seemingly return from the 'dead'. :ninja:

(If that urchin somehow makes it back, I'm renaming this thread to 'Snow's 20G Lazarus Pit'). 

(Speaking of the urchin, my gold banded shrimp is also 'missing', so that's two critters now). 

• Like 1
On 1/16/2019 at 12:13 AM, Snow_Phoenix said:

Update:

1. This was my dilemma yesterday:

I managed to use a brine net to scoop up my male and place him in the fuge last night. This morning, I noticed he was back out in the DT, so I decided it'd be best to leave him be. Since my water level is higher than the level of the fugebox, the dragonets can freely move in and out of the fugebox area at all times. So I guess I'll give them the liberty of swimming in and out freely, as long as they don't get trapped or stuck.

Both Thanos and Goblin are improving. Goblin is actively feeding now, and Thanos prefers grazing from the tank wall or rocks, although there's no discernible algae on them (at least, not from what I can see). I'll be sticking some Nori sheets in the tank later, so hopefully he'll grab a bite before my hermits get to it.

This was the zoa colony I picked up last Sat. It's a combo of regular green and ultra green zoas, but there are two irritating brown palys (the bad kind) wedged between some of the polyps in the far right of the colony. I'll be gluing them over because I think removing them manually using a blade would be difficult + risk getting poisoned:

Also, I asked some ID help for my favia/chalices on the forum, and thanks to Granite and Clown, I managed to get all four pieces IDed:

1. Christmas Favia:

2. Cherry garcia chalice:

3. Emerald mummy eye chalice:

4. Blue/green chalice:

I might up my Calcium dosing since some of my SPS pieces (eg. Pavona, monti caps etc.) seem to be growing rather quickly. Overall, the tank still remains quite stable and healthy. Also, I lost my purple rock urchin. Lost, as in it's *missing, not dead. The one freaky thing I've noticed about this tank is that things have a tendency to go missing for weeks - sometimes even months, and then seemingly return from the 'dead'. :ninja:

(If that urchin somehow makes it back, I'm renaming this thread to 'Snow's 20G Lazarus Pit'). 

(Speaking of the urchin, my gold banded shrimp is also 'missing', so that's two critters now). 

I’m finally back in! I just got a new phone and I wonder if that was the issue?

11 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I’m finally back in! I just got a new phone and I wonder if that was the issue?

I think the pics are taking too long to load. Not sure, but I sometimes experience it on my laptop too. Perhaps more words, less pics would help in the future...? 🤔

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

I think the pics are taking too long to load. Not sure, but I sometimes experience it on my laptop too. Perhaps more words, less pics would help in the future...? 🤔

Maybe just shorter bursts of pics?

Im so glad everyone seems to be doing much better. 🙂

4 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Maybe just shorter bursts of pics?

Im so glad everyone seems to be doing much better. 🙂

Yeah, I think that should be work. 🙂

They seem to be chugging along, but I still worry about the dragonets. Sometimes they eat, sometimes they don't. 😞 

I also snapped off my Pink Acro. It STNed all the way to the top and after a while, only the tip was covered in flesh. I debated regluing it, but there was only 1cm of pink left, so I decided to remove it from my system. Every other coral is alright, thankfully. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Yeah, I think that should be work. 🙂

They seem to be chugging along, but I still worry about the dragonets. Sometimes they eat, sometimes they don't. 😞 

I also snapped off my Pink Acro. It STNed all the way to the top and after a while, only the tip was covered in flesh. I debated regluing it, but there was only 1cm of pink left, so I decided to remove it from my system. Every other coral is alright, thankfully. 

Hopefully since they have made it this far they’ll keep improving. 🤞🏻🙂

• Like 1

This thread has been renamed the 'Lazarus Pit' in honor of all the critters that conveniently 'vanish' for weeks/months and turn up perfectly fine - the latest being this little ball of hell:

Mr. Prickles here just cost me a trip to two doctors, a partial nail removal, three extremely painful local anesthetic injections, and much-digging through the nailbed of my left index finger. Long story short, yesterday started off great - and devolved into a nightmare by mid-morning. My female dragonette, Zorah, slipped behind the fugebox and was stuck. I had to lift a box packed with 5kg of LR and macro, and then lift out the centerpiece LR that had all my SPS frags (except my Pavona) glued to it, because Zorah kept darting between the rocks and was almost getting squished. In short, I was trying my best to isolate her and my male, Zemo, into an in-tank breeder box to target-feed them better because they lost weight. 

Well, simply put, I was careless. The centerpiece LR hosting all my coral slipped from my grip and dropped back into the tank and smashed my Pavona into 4 fragments, squashed my Acans, unpinned my toadstool leather until it flopped over, broke my red and blue digis, scrapped the flesh off my green monti until the white skeleton could be seen underneath, knocked my red monti off its frag plug (thankfully it was intact and didn't break) etc. ---> basically, a whole trail of disasters. :sad:

I panicked, scooped my dragonette out and isolated her, then tried to scoop up my purple rock urchin who crawled up the back panel of my glass ---> BIG MISTAKE. The little bugger became defensive and stabbed me good. I didn't realize one of his spikes broke off and penetrated my nailbed until I saw the blood. By then I was panicking even more (not good) and trying to salvage whatever corals I could by gluing down fragments off them (and I had glue all over my fingers too - it was a really, really bad day). I lost a few coral pieces including my green acro. I managed to save the pavona, and glued it down in four different spots in hopes that one of them might live. As for the SPS, they're all either peeled off, broken or are in fragments. The only lucky piece to survive this debacle intact was my red monti. 😞

Back to the spike lodged in my finger - I only realized how deep it had gone in when I brought my finger under the aquarium lights and saw this long, blackish, diagonal spike under my nail. I first tried to dig it out myself using a needle, but an urchin spike is cylindrical at the base, and you'll need a forceps to get it out - the medical-grade kind. 

So I ran downstairs, told my very displeased mother what had happened, and both of us took a trip to the clinic outside our house. After 10 minutes of cutting off a small section of my nail and digging through the nailbed, the doctor admitted she couldn't get it out because she didn't have a tool small enough. She recommended I either go to another clinic, get the whole nail removed or go to the hospital and see my surgeon immediately.

I didn't fancy clinic-hopping so I called my father, and drove down to his clinic 30km away with my mother in tow. My dad apparently does nail removals every biweekly, so he was quite good at this. He actually brought out all his tools (huge-ass scary ones which I would rather not see conscious) and begin hacking off my nail bit by bit. Spike was lodged too deep, and I was in too much pain halfway through, so he gave three injections of local anesthetic (1 on either side of the finger, 1 directly into the nailbed) ---> this turned out to be more painful than nail-hacking. :scarry:

Then we removed chunks of my nail, dug through my nailbed and removed fragments of the spike (didn't realize urchin spikes were hollow until they disintegrated), and my mother drove me home. 

^So now my finger has been bandaged and tbh, the pain after extraction has dulled after a day, which I'm grateful for. According to my dad, it'll take 3 weeks to heal fully. 

So yes, urchins. 

(Also, my whole family is on Mr. Prickles side in this issue. They suggested I use tongs or forceps to pick him up next time - I'm still getting an earful during lunch and dinner).

So yes, I was careless. A painful and valuable lesson - don't mess with sea critters. :ninja:

(Thank goodness my urchin wasn't poisonous - I'd probably be in ICU by now if it was)

Moving forward, here are some tank pics (sorry for the photo-heavy thread. If you're having trouble commenting or loading the page, it's probably due to the images and vids):

I'll be taking a break from the tank over the next few days until I heal up better. I'll have to delay my WCs, but I'm not risking an infection by exposing an open wound to SW, of all things. Until then, I'll just hope for the best that the crushed and damaged corals will bounce back in time. 

• Like 1

Well, yesterday was somewhat eventful. I had a hitchiker pipefish come in with the clump of macro that I usually grab from my LFS every month, but unfortunately, the little guy didn't make it in my fugebox and perished overnight before I could deport him back to the store. :tears: For full details, visit this thread:

As for the Lazarus Pit, I'm still struggling with feeding my dragonets. They're the most stubborn pair of fish I've ever owned, tbh, and the prognosis doesn't look too good. In a last-ditch effort, I'm feeding them live BBS exclusively, but I don't know how long this would last. I'm still trying to track down a reefer-friend of mine that I met in passing twice at two different LFSes. He runs tanks full of pipefish and dragonets, and if I can find him, I'm willing to rehome my dragons with him, because I think this is what is best for two of the fish. It took a lot to push me to this decision, but it's also the only responsible thing I can think of doing. They need a larger tank (which will hopefully coerce them back to foraging for pods). In my system, it seems to be a hit-or-miss. Both of them eat sometimes, then they don't eat at all (which is worrisome). 

As for the Pit, it's re-stabilizing slowly after the recent series of mishaps. Mini carpet nem has regrown all its polyps and is looking stellar:

And the half-dead/dying blasto frag I salvaged from the store actually grew, and popped up a new head in just ~3 weeks! :happy:

And tiny clowns, Nero & Nova are no longer tiny, but much bigger, stronger juvis:

My plan is to introduce them into the Pit around mid-Feb++. 

I also put a cluster duster on order/hold at the LFS, so I'll bringing one cluster (4 dusters) home in a few days.

LFS had the usual set of intriguing critters, but the most fascinating one was this guy:

For once, they actually brought in a 'cheap' but beautiful frogfish. :lol:

And my nail is healing very quickly. My nailbed is still a bit sore (due to all the digging to get the urchin spine out), and until it scabs over, I can't do any tank-related activities which involves me dipping my finger directly into the tank (this goes especially for my SW tanks). As a result, I'm delaying my weekly WC for a few days but will keep up with dosing and other regular maintenance. 

• Like 1

O my Snow, I had a lot of catching up to do and by the sounds of it, you have had a lot going on!

I am sorry about the hitch hiker pipe not making it.  And I hope things work out for the dragonets.  I tried some dragonets a while back and ended up giving them away to a reefer friend who had a much bigger tank and fuge.

And the whole finger ordeal, Ouch!  What we put up with for our aquarium animals.😏

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, vlangel said:

O my Snow, I had a lot of catching up to do and by the sounds of it, you have had a lot going on!

I am sorry about the hitch hiker pipe not making it.  And I hope things work out for the dragonets.  I tried some dragonets a while back and ended up giving them away to a reefer friend who had a much bigger tank and fuge.

And the whole finger ordeal, Ouch!  What we put up with for our aquarium animals.😏

Hi Dawn, thanks for stopping by. Finger is doing much better - it's still sore but I'll live. At least now I know my urchin means business when it doesn't want to be touch/moved against its will.

As for the dragonets, I have some very bad news - Zorah, my female, passed away about an hour ago. I came back home from my jog and found her upside down in the breeder box. Was and still am devastated. I tried my best to save her and I failed miserably. The entire stock of rubies perished at the store within the first few days, according to the LFS - apparently it's a miracle my dragonets even made it to almost a month. Rubies stress very easily and something about the transit during shipment usually ends up killing them, which is why my LFSes rarely bring them in. 

In my case, both my dragonets stopped eating. They wouldn't even forage for pods. Zemo, my male, is still alive in my breeder box, but not very active. I'm planning on releasing him into my DT in hopes he would at least try to go after some pods tomorrow. I'm also trying to get in contact with my reef-friend who owns several tanks full of pipefish and dragonets - to see if he can accommodate Zemo and give him a permanent home. Problem is, I don't have his cellphone no. or any online contact with him, so it's like tracking down a ghost. I'm still hatching live BBS - my other fish love it, my dragonet, not so much. 😞 

• Sad 2

I am so sorry Snow.  I know its always tough to lose any fish but it sounds like these dragonets were doomed before you came into the picture.  I doubt even your friend will be able to save the male, unless seeing other healthy dragonets inspires him to have the will to live.  Anyway you are doing all that is possible.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, vlangel said:

I am so sorry Snow.  I know its always tough to lose any fish but it sounds like these dragonets were doomed before you came into the picture.  I doubt even your friend will be able to save the male, unless seeing other healthy dragonets inspires him to have the will to live.  Anyway you are doing all that is possible.

I actually agree with you, Dawn. I just lost Zemo this morning - he died overnight. I really, really tried. In my 8+ years of owning dragonets on-and-off, I've never had this much trouble feeding them. And I've owned: Spotted & Blue Mandarins and Regular & Red Scooters. Every fish I bought eventually ate *something (live/frozen/pods) at one point. This was a real gut-blow. 

The store I purchased the rubies from is the same store where I bought Thanos my Starry, Goblin my GCG and Nero & Nova my Black & White Occy Clown babies. It's a good store, and although they're new, they're quite stellar. I'll shoot the manager a text later, ask if anyone else ended up purchasing a ruby and *if so, did the fish eat and survive (?). 

There was a high demand for rubies few months ago and the stock cleared out fast. When they ordered a second time (this was when I bought my pair), to my knowledge, the leftover rubies of batch #2 perished at the store because of stress. I know I cannot help a fish that refuses to eat, but it'll help ease my guilt if I know that mine isn't an isolated incident. (Something tells me it isn't)

It's the same case with YCGs - most of the time, they don't eat and end up dying. Dragonets are harder because they need food constantly - more challenging. 

I think I'll abstain from rubies as a whole - unless it comes from a reefer-friend and is already eating prepared. Tbh, this was a wake-up call and a bit of a nightmare for me. I didn't even sleep well last night. I hate losing animals, especially if they're under my direct care, but it can't be helped sometimes. 😞 

Hope your ponies are doing ok. I peeked at your thread earlier - it's really amazing that you managed to keep such a variety of blennies together. Your tanks look wonderful as well. 🙂 

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

I actually agree with you, Dawn. I just lost Zemo this morning - he died overnight. I really, really tried. In my 8+ years of owning dragonets on-and-off, I've never had this much trouble feeding them. And I've owned: Spotted & Blue Mandarins and Regular & Red Scooters. Every fish I bought eventually ate *something (live/frozen/pods) at one point. This was a real gut-blow. 

The store I purchased the rubies from is the same store where I bought Thanos my Starry, Goblin my GCG and Nero & Nova my Black & White Occy Clown babies. It's a good store, and although they're new, they're quite stellar. I'll shoot the manager a text later, ask if anyone else ended up purchasing a ruby and *if so, did the fish eat and survive (?). 

There was a high demand for rubies few months ago and the stock cleared out fast. When they ordered a second time (this was when I bought my pair), to my knowledge, the leftover rubies of batch #2 perished at the store because of stress. I know I cannot help a fish that refuses to eat, but it'll help ease my guilt if I know that mine isn't an isolated incident. (Something tells me it isn't)

It's the same case with YCGs - most of the time, they don't eat and end up dying. Dragonets are harder because they need food constantly - more challenging. 

I think I'll abstain from rubies as a whole - unless it comes from a reefer-friend and is already eating prepared. Tbh, this was a wake-up call and a bit of a nightmare for me. I didn't even sleep well last night. I hate losing animals, especially if they're under my direct care, but it can't be helped sometimes. 😞 

Hope your ponies are doing ok. I peeked at your thread earlier - it's really amazing that you managed to keep such a variety of blennies together. Your tanks look wonderful as well. 🙂 

The ponies are doing great.  I can definitely see that Eve is not as fast or as sharp as she used to be but I can compensate.  If she were in the wild I wonder if she would hunt well enough to sustain herself.  Fortunately she does not have to hunt for her supper.

The blennies are really doing well together and there is no fighting at all.  I would not risk anymore however.  Even as it was I was afraid that Marmalade might get bullied by Linus.  I guess it helps that Marmalade is bigger.  Also my tank has so many hidey holes that no one has to fight over that.  

Finally the dartfish are coming out more as are the green clown gobies.  I can tell that they are slowly gaining a little weight.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, vlangel said:

The ponies are doing great.  I can definitely see that Eve is not as fast or as sharp as she used to be but I can compensate.  If she were in the wild I wonder if she would hunt well enough to sustain herself.  Fortunately she does not have to hunt for her supper.

The blennies are really doing well together and there is no fighting at all.  I would not risk anymore however.  Even as it was I was afraid that Marmalade might get bullied by Linus.  I guess it helps that Marmalade is bigger.  Also my tank has so many hidey holes that no one has to fight over that.  

Finally the dartfish are coming out more as are the green clown gobies.  I can tell that they are slowly gaining a little weight.

Good to know everyone is getting along! I was worried over Marmalade + Linus - combtooth blennies, BME, can be very aggressive towards one another in a small space. But your tank is larger and as you've said, has a lot of hidey holes. Blennies love hidey holes. 🙂

The GCGs might take a while to round out. Have they started to accept prepared food yet?

With Goblin, it took a while for him to accept prepared, but only because he was so tiny when I got him, and nothing could 'fit' in his mouth. Now that he's much bigger, he accepts anything and everything I put in the tank. He tried to steal one of the Hikari M-sized seaweed pellets I feed Thanos the other day. He couldn't swallow it, so he swam around the tank with half the pellet jutting out of his jaws like a tiny green puppy. It was quite amusing to watch. :lol:

• Haha 1

Ha ha, the story about Goblin made me laugh.  I can picture him with the pellet in his mouth.  Yes, Jet and Piper are eating prepared, at least flake for sure.  I have seen them eat frozen mysis too, but not the real big pieces.

• Like 2

Update!

I run a very 'dirty' tank in general, and I'm seeing some steady growth from some of my corals. My macros, softies, zoas and shrooms especially, seem to love the nutrient-high water. With my LPS and SPS, it's a 50/50. There's only been slight trouble with my hammer coral because this big purple butthead:

has decided that the front left bottom corner of the tank now belongs to him. So every night, without fail, he pitches my hammer to the opposite side of the tank. (He also does this to my snails and hermits which come too close). 

I also moved my green goni to the back right corner of the tank, in an area with lesser light and flow. This particular coral had been receding for quite some time, and one of my hermits accidently knocked my hammer into it overnight once, and since then, the point of contact has resulted in some melted polyps. So I'm letting it recover in an area where it's least likely to be bothered by any of my critters.

Tank is otherwise doing reasonably well - I had to delay my WCs, but I'll be performing a WC either today or tomorrow (latest).

I'm also seeing some nice growth on one of the pieces of my Pavona which is directly under my lights. Goblin seems to enjoy lurking next to it too. :happy:

Oh, and my cluster dusters are doing very well too - I squirt tiny bits of reef roids and shrimp juice near their mouths once every few days:

And lastly, here's my tuxedo doing what all urchins do best:

12 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Update!

I run a very 'dirty' tank in general, and I'm seeing some steady growth from some of my corals. My macros, softies, zoas and shrooms especially, seem to love the nutrient-high water. With my LPS and SPS, it's a 50/50. There's only been slight trouble with my hammer coral because this big purple butthead:

has decided that the front left bottom corner of the tank now belongs to him. So every night, without fail, he pitches my hammer to the opposite side of the tank. (He also does this to my snails and hermits which come too close). 

I also moved my green goni to the back right corner of the tank, in an area with lesser light and flow. This particular coral had been receding for quite some time, and one of my hermits accidently knocked my hammer into it overnight once, and since then, the point of contact has resulted in some melted polyps. So I'm letting it recover in an area where it's least likely to be bothered by any of my critters.

Tank is otherwise doing reasonably well - I had to delay my WCs, but I'll be performing a WC either today or tomorrow (latest).

I'm also seeing some nice growth on one of the pieces of my Pavona which is directly under my lights. Goblin seems to enjoy lurking next to it too. :happy:

Oh, and my cluster dusters are doing very well too - I squirt tiny bits of reef roids and shrimp juice near their mouths once every few days:

And lastly, here's my tuxedo doing what all urchins do best:

The Pavona and the Montipora are looking nice. 

Thanos’s face is unapologetic.  😄

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

The Pavona and the Montipora are looking nice. 

Thanos’s face is unapologetic.  😄

Nope, he never is lol. I'm still fattening him up with more seaweed pellets + macro. He still wants more food, and I feed him twice a day! 

• Haha 1
On 2/2/2019 at 10:40 PM, Snow_Phoenix said:

Nope, he never is lol. I'm still fattening him up with more seaweed pellets + macro. He still wants more food, and I feed him twice a day! 

How can you resist that face and those cute lil' do-dads on the top of his head?  Thanos is really adorable in a grumpy kind of way!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, vlangel said:

How can you resist that face and those cute lil' do-dads on the top of his head?  Thanos is really adorable in a grumpy kind of way!

Lol, I don't - which is probably why he ends up getting food whenever he asks. Blennies are awesome. I have no regrets in bringing him home from the store all those months ago. 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

FTS on 4/2/19 (yesterday) after major WC - you can see his Great Purple Overlord's cave on the left side of the tank:

Topshot view today on 5/2/19:

Four new coral pieces to come: Eagle Eye zoas, Purple Rhodactis Shroom, Green Blastos (this was a dying frag that I salvaged - hoping to nurse it back to health in time) & red/blue chalice. 

Also, Thanos says hi :happy::

• Like 1

Finally, finally switched my lights over to my AI Prime HD. Was messing around with my settings, did manage to piss off my favia for a while, but here's the tank under heavy blues/POTC settings (just for show):

I switched it over to a customized mode with far lower intensity and on acclimation. I'll slowly bring it up to the POTC mode over the course of the next few months. My Yumas are 'cupping' right now, which means the corals on the sandbed aren't getting enough light. So I had to readjust my settings and bump up my blues and UV to compensate.

Anyhow, here's some coral shots:

1. New blasto:

2. New purple rhodactis shroom:

3. New blue & red chalice:

And of course, there has been some slow, but steady growth from the older corals - the chalices and montis seem to be encrusting/spreading rather quickly though:

And this purple goof has finally hit 5" (and is still growing!):

My tiny clowns (which are not so tiny anymore) will be transferred into the tank next weekend. Also, after a ~9ish year-long wait, I finally found someone selling RFAs in my state. Each nem costs a kidney, but I'm planning on getting 2 to 3 of them and pile them on the far right corner of the tank, in front of the cluster dusters. Will take a while before I can amass enough finances to even get one though, so I'm working hard and saving as much as I can. It has been one of my secret reefing dreams to own a RFA. 🙂 

Nero & Nova are now 2.25" and 2.5" each. They're quite playful, and they're going into the DT this Sat/Sun. :happydance:

And this little dude still steals my heart all the time. He's very photogenic, and thankfully, a good-eater. He's also hit 2" quite recently:

20G DT is up for a WC today. Might delay it to tomorrow since I'm swamped with work. In the meantime, here's some non-reef-related stuff:

1. Baby spiny eel, is no longer a baby, but now 5.5". Hard to think that this guy used to be 0.5" last September:

2. Also did a major 50% WC on my 70G FW tank - fish are doing quite well in there too:

🙂

• Like 1

Turns out my AI Prime HD is defective. Two of the white LEDs keep flickering. I thought yesterday's 'mild' flickering was a fluke - a one-off kind of thing, but today I had an unpleasant light show in my bedroom. For someone with my condition, the last thing you need is some magical flickering lights across your bed. 

I filed a complaint to AI Support, and also contacted my local vendor whom I purchased my light from. AI support hasn't got back to me yet, but my vendor said the light needs some 'checking and repair'. Apparently 'repairing' will void the warranty on it? I'm not sure, but I'm waiting for AI support first.

Really hope this issue can be resolved. Quite unhappy as it is - that Prime + fixture cost me RM 1.2K. 

Here's a short vid of what I'm dealing with:

I've temporarily taken off the unit from my tank and am re-using my older PAR38. My corals are actually happier under the more familiar lighting.